Sign in to follow this  
Ken Healy

TMG6

I use a desktop for TMG6 but I also have a laptop which I refresh periodically from a backup file made on the desktop. The desktop uses 98SE and the laptop uses XP with SP2. This arrangement has worked well until yesterday when the laptop failed me when starting TMG.

The initial splash screen comes up, the I get a "Fatal Error" message. It is a long message and I am reluctant to try to type all of it here. I have seen people include a "picture" of a message screen in their messages. How is that done? I would like to do so to ask for help in solving this problem.

Ken Healy

You can make what's called a screenshot of the error message window. If you press ALT-PrtScn, MS Windows will put a copy of the current window on the clipboard. From there, you paste the image into a new JPG document using an image editor. Then attach the resulting file to a forum post. (See the "File Attachments" section of the post editor page)

You can make what's called a screenshot of the error message window. If you press ALT-PrtScn, MS Windows will put a copy of the current window on the clipboard. From there, you paste the image into a new JPG document using an image editor. Then attach the resulting file to a forum post. (See the "File Attachments" section of the post editor page)

Thanks, John.

When I went to do this the Fatal Error message did not come up. Instead, the program does load, but it takes literally about 5 minutes to do so (vs about 15 seconds normally). Once it is up it seems to operate normally, but I am afraid to use it in that condition.

I have reinstalled, twice, and refreshed the data base from the backup made on the desktop several times using a "Jump Drive" to transfer it. (also using different versions of the backup).

Any ideas as to why this should be happening?

Ken