John Moran

Restore Errors

Last 10 Posts [ In reverse order ]

Yoneit Posted Yesterday, 10:03 PM

Sigh, today I attempted to restore my backup sqz file from my other computer to my laptop computer. That Dynazip Unzip error would not let me restore my backup file. I really don't know what to do now. I checked for a TMG update and downloaded version 6.03 and that didn't make any difference. Help please!

Yours,

Yoneit

PS this restore function had been working fine for the last couple of weeks so I don't know what happened to change matters.

Lorna Henderson Posted 20 Jul 2005, 03:58 PM

QUOTE(Barbara Grempler @ 21 Jul 2005, 05:39 AM)

Was the backup file on a CD? Copy the file to the hard drive and then restore.

Hi Barbara,

no, it was on the harddrive.

I was merely mentioning it to show she wasn't alone. IF it happens again, I'll

take more notes on what the actual error is.

Regards

Barbara Grempler Posted 20 Jul 2005, 08:39 AM

QUOTE(Lorna Henderson @ 18 Jul 2005, 05:02 PM)

Barbara,

I only tried doing a restore (of my live project from my laptop back to my desktop) once, but I too got a file locked messge.

Was the backup file on a CD? Copy the file to the hard drive and then restore.

Lorna Henderson Posted 18 Jul 2005, 02:02 PM

QUOTE(Barbara Grempler @ 19 Jul 2005, 02:56 AM)

You don't import a backup SQZ file. The file needs to be RESTORED. Open TMG with the Sample project, go to File > Restore.

Barbara,

I only tried doing a restore (of my live project from my laptop back to my desktop) once, but I too got a file locked messge.

(See separate thread about bookmarks disappearing).

I ignored it, it continued, and in some trepidation I checked my latest data, and ran VFI, all seeemd fine, so I kept on going, but I'm not all that sure that was the wisest thing to do.

Regards

Barbara Grempler Posted 18 Jul 2005, 05:56 AM

QUOTE(Yoneit @ 9 Jul 2005, 03:54 PM)

I try to import a new database from the .sqz backup. Now what do I do?

You don't import a backup SQZ file. The file needs to be RESTORED. Open TMG with the Sample project, go to File > Restore.

Yoneit Posted 9 Jul 2005, 12:54 PM

I also encountered this error message on my new TMG 6 program. I have been keeping the old TMG 4d program for my regular database and updating the v6 program when needed. Anyway this time the error kept coming up whether I used import or restore. In frustration I deleted the database, and it still comes up when I try to import a new database from the .sqz backup. Now what do I do?

Yours,

Yoneit

Chicago, IL

Virginia Blakelock Posted 24 Dec 2004, 06:03 PM

QUOTE(eadutton @ 24 Dec 2004, 07:58 PM)

The attempt to restore a number of projects from .SQZ files written by TMG V5 (and possibly V4) leads to a first error message saying the file is locked and a second message saying DynaZIP UNZIP Error.

What must I do to work around this problem and restore the files?

A *TMG4.x or earlier* .SQZ file should be Imported not Restored. They are right at the top of the list in Step 2 in the Import Wizard. As far as I know, TMG5 .SQZ files should Restore without a problem. I just restored one made a couple of months ago without incident.

Are the files 'Read only' by chance? Rightclick the file, Properties and look at the attributes.

Virginia

eadutton Posted 24 Dec 2004, 04:58 PM

The attempt to restore a number of projects from .SQZ files written by TMG V5 (and possibly V4) leads to a first error message saying the file is locked and a second message saying DynaZIP UNZIP Error.

What must I do to work around this problem and restore the files?