Jesper

Conditional brackets

Hello again. From Terry's list, here is my question:

4) The conditional brackets do not work for the father [FATH] and mother [MOTH] sentence variables. Even with the conditionals, the "unknown person" phrase appears.

The sentence looks like this:

[P+] was born illegitimate <by [MOTH]> <[D]> <[L]>. <The father was identified as [FATH]><. [M]>

and the output (name removed by me):

John Doe (199). John Doe (199) was born illegitimate by an unknown person on 22 May 1902 at Fredericia, Vejle amt. The father was identified as an unknown person .

Incidently, why is it that every first sentence that does not start with [P], will have the primary name tag printing [P] anyway ( maybe this is a new topic). <_<

Jesper

Edited by JESPER

Hello again. From Terry's list, here is my question:

4) The conditional brackets do not work for the father [FATH] and mother [MOTH] sentence variables. Even with the conditionals, the "unknown person" phrase appears.

Yes, this is known issue - see this topic.

Incidently, why is it that every first sentence that does not start with [P], will have the primary name tag printing [P] anyway ( maybe this is a new topic). <_>

Because the primary name is "hard wired" in as the first thing in each narrative report. If the first tag includes the [P] variable as the first term, the duplicate name that would otherwise appear is surpressed. I don't know that I know why it's done that way, but it is. :)

Yes, this is known issue - see this topic.

Because the primary name is "hard wired" in as the first thing in each narrative report. If the first tag includes the [P] variable as the first term, the duplicate name that would otherwise appear is surpressed. I don't know that I know why it's done that way, but it is.  :)

I know it is a known issue, because I started the original thread, but I never read your reply due to the breakdown. Could you please repeat your answer :D

Thanks for clarifying the other issue also.

Jesper

I know it is a known issue, because I started the original thread, but I never read your reply due to the breakdown. Could you please repeat your answer :D

Sorry - didn't realize why you re-stated it. My answer was something along the lines of it indeed seems to be a bug, and it's been reported. I'd expect it to be fixed in the next release. :(

Thanks for clarifying the other issue also.

You're welcome. :)

Sorry - didn't realize why you re-stated it. My answer was something along the lines of it  indeed seems to be a bug, and it's been reported. I'd expect it to be fixed in the next release.  :(

You're welcome.  :)

Thank you for your help.

Jesper