Judy

Flag values disappear

I am using TMG version 6.02. The last 2 days when I first open a project my flag values are gone. I have closed TMG and reopened TMG and also restarted computer and the flag values are still not there. Yesterday I tried to restore from my last backup and got a box saying something like it was not a viable backup. I had to go to an earlier back up and thus lost a lot of my data entry. Today I was able to restore from my most recent back up. When I restore the flag values are there. Is there anything I can do so this does not happen again.

I am using TMG version 6.02. The last 2 days when I first open a project my flag values are gone. I have closed TMG and reopened TMG and also restarted computer and the flag values are still not there. Yesterday I tried to restore from my last backup and got a box saying something like it was not a viable backup. I had to go to an earlier back up and thus lost a lot of my data entry. Today I was able to restore from my most recent back up. When I restore the flag values are there. Is there anything I can do so this does not happen again.

Judy,

before restoring from backup, did you try running the maintenance routines?

Optimise and Validate File Integrity, both under the File menu?

I doubt they had actually disappeared, just weren't displayed.

Judy,

before restoring from backup, did you try running the maintenance routines?

Optimise and Validate File Integrity, both under the File menu?

I doubt they had actually disappeared, just weren't displayed.

Yes, I ran the maintenance routines and it said repaired one file but the flag values still did not appear.

Yes, I ran the maintenance routines and it said repaired one file but the flag values still did not appear.

Judy

Do you mean that the complete flag window is not showing or that the flag window is showing but the values are not there?

If window is showing and the values are not - is there an empty column with the heading "value"?

Are you using a custom layout - if so return to the standard layout (which does not include the flags window) then go to the window menu and select "flags" the flags window will now appear in the top left corner of your layout. Does this flag window have the values showing?

Re flag values: try resaving your layout and see if that helps: View > Layouts > Manage Layouts > Overwrite. Or you can use the keyboard shortcut: Alt v-a-m, Alt o. If you have more than one layout, do that with all of them.

If this happens again, run an Individual Detail report on the person, and check Flags in Options > Miscellaneous. See if the Flags print in that report and the problem is in the Display.

Re not a viable backup: There were problems with v6.02 backups with older operating systems like Win98, Win98SE, WinME. This is fixed in v6.03. If you are using one of those operating systems, you should upgrade to v6.03.

Virginia

Today my flag values have not disappeared so do not know what was happening the last 2 days.