Ray Cox

Move to new computer

I need to move my TMG software to a new computer. I have a Version 5.xx Gold on CD and have paid/registered for version 6, having version 6.03 currently installed.

What is the quickest way to install through version 6.03 on my new computer? Can I install version 5.xx from CD, then use only the latest version 6.03 upgrade file or do I have to install each upgrade sequentially?

Thanks

I need to move my TMG software to a new computer.  I have a Version 5.xx Gold on CD and have paid/registered for version 6, having version 6.03 currently installed.

What is the quickest way to install through version 6.03 on my new computer?  Can I install version 5.xx from CD, then use only the latest version 6.03 upgrade file or do I have to install each upgrade sequentially?

Thanks

Ray

You can go the way you sugested, frm 5.xx to 6.03. However, when I had to reload, after a Windows XP failure, I downloaded the latest version of TMG as a trial version from the Whollygenes website and then unlocked it with my version 6 e-mail address and serial number. I then restored my latest backup to the new version. It worked without a hitch.

Les Wylde

What is the quickest way to install through version 6.03 on my new computer?  Can I install version 5.xx from CD, then use only the latest version 6.03 upgrade file or do I have to install each upgrade sequentially?

As Les says, you can download the trial version and unlock it, which is the fastest way, especially if you have a high speed Internet connection. If you install from the CD, you have to update in two steps - first to 5.15 (assuming that's not what's on your CD), then to the current version of TMG 6.

I've got a high-speed connection, so the one-step process of downloading the trial version sounds best.

Thanks

Ray

You can go the way you sugested, frm 5.xx to 6.03. However, when I had to reload, after a Windows XP failure, I downloaded the latest version of TMG as a trial version from the Whollygenes website and then unlocked it with my version 6 e-mail address and serial number. I then restored my latest backup to the new version. It worked without a hitch.

Les Wylde