hstancil

Can I printing spouses dates of births and deaths?

In printing my narratives, I would like to include information on the spouse, i.e., date of birth and death.  Can I do it?

The Journal reports offer "Spouse Events" as an option, which will include all the events for the spouses.

Beyond that there is no easy way. There are no options to do it automatically. You could do it manually in a couple of ways, but they are a lot of work, and don't not necessarily provide just what you want:

1. You could enter the focus person as a Witness in the spouse's birth tag, which would allow you to create a statement about the birth of the spouse in the focus person's narrative. But it would be sorted at the date of the spouse's birth, probably not where you want it.

2. You could manually add the spouse's birth dates to the memo of the marriage tag, and modify the sentences of that tag to add it to the output. This would produce better output, but would require adding the dates manually to each marriage tag.

Where do I find "spouse events" as an option? I clicked on "Report Options" and can't seem to find it. Under tag types I have "All" checked as is events which has "all events and witnessed events" checked?