John Moran

Fatal Error Siblings window

(The following error was caused by reading the TMG-L list, sort of. )

After reading the latests posts, I went back to try to re-create the one error instance I had encountered in TMG 6.03. This error occurred the first time I opened TMG 6.03 after installation, with the Sample Datrabase only.

This error message was caused at 800x600 resolution on an XP SP2 machine in the Siblings window. It did not occur when I first right clicked and left clicked the mouse in the window ttoday, but did occur after stretching the window downward slightly and then clicking right and left and rolling the mouse wheel.

Not sure which exact sequence of clicks and rolls caused this error message in the Siblings window, but it is consistent with an error I got soon after first opening TMG 6.03 a few days ago.

In the intervening days I installed Right to Left writing capability and added still another language in control panel, but the computer was last booted up in USA Regional settings in English with the Language bar off.

John M.

Microsoft Visual FoxPro

---------------------------

Fatal error: Exception code=C0000005 @ 2005.09.13 03:51:15 PM. Error log file: C:\WINDOWS\system32\vfp7rerr.log Called from - tmgmain line 584 {c:\program files\the master genealogist\tmg\programs\tmgmain.prg c:\program files\the master genealogist\tmg.exe}

OK

Call me unobservant, but I had never before noticed that just clicking multiple times (varies with speed) on the Blue Active Window bar on the top would minimize and maximize the active window. No need to use the little boxes in upper right corner.

Perhaps the TMG freeze-ups I observed were caused by clicking on the Blue bar in the Sibling window after wheel spinning the names back and forth sideways while thinking they should have gone up and down.

Tried with various mouse double click speeds, wheel line ratios, and destructive clicking techniques, but could not repeat the crash. (Other than TMG completely disappearing once, with no backup notice, and not being able to double click on the Desktop icon to get it started again.)

But that was a mouse setting problem. It was not even possible to use the Control Panel Mouse Setting Icon with the mouse at that point! For the optical "Microsoft" brand wired mouse was set at highest double click speed.

Recommend care in multiple clicking on the Blue active window bar. In fact, don't even single click unnecessarily.

John M.

I, too, have had a fatal error occur with the latest update. It happens when I click on a sibling: not everytime I click on a sibling, but sometimes. The program has closed four or five times since I updated. I do not get any fatal error notification, the program just shuts down and I have to open it up again.