marylouchip

TMG freezes on selection from picklist 6.03

:angry: It seems that more & more ofter when I select someone from the picklist, the person window comes up with the children/siblings window, BUT you can't do anything. Double clicking on names doew nothing. The actions are almost all greyed out, even EXIT. The only way out seems to be X, which works. Sometimes when I go back into TMG things work for a while, sometimes not.

Am running XP 2, TMG 6.03.

Thanks

:angry:  It seems that more & more ofter when I select someone from the picklist, the person window comes up with the children/siblings window, BUT you can't do anything. Double clicking on names doew nothing. The actions are almost all greyed out, even EXIT.  The only way out seems to be X, which works.  Sometimes when I go back into TMG things work for a while, sometimes not.

Am running XP 2, TMG 6.03.

Thanks

This is a known problem in v6.03 with the Expanded Picklist. The workaround is to use the Simple Picklist.

Virginia

This is a known problem in v6.03 with the Expanded Picklist.  The workaround is to use the Simple Picklist.

Virginia

It has been a long time since I went looking for the operating system Device Manager to see if there is a big yellow splash indicating an obvious memory conflict between printer and video drivers or other error. Found out on my first Win95 system that it is usually not the MS Mouse that causes the problems that the mouse exposes.

Found Device Manager in Control Panel. Didn't see any yellow warnings. Poked around and viewed some memory usage locations here and there, but didn't try to figure them out. Was at first surprised that Game Port memory is so low (high) on the totem pole.

Nonetheless, TMG 6.03 hung up on me yesterday with a new dataset that included only a person, a father, a mother, and a spouse. I believe I had just been to Preferences and toggled back and forth between Expanded Picklist and Simple Picklist as a followup to reported problems on TMG-L list.

It may be that TMG 6.03 has Alzheimers. Is this really the same version given to Beta Testers? Did they do a clean install? A user only needs to enter four persons to have the program carash? Don't need to sign up to be a beta tester. <g> Any Visual Basic in there? Might check the Microsoft site on the subject of memory leaks.

Disclaimer: Not sure exactly where the regional settings were at the time. Right to Left Scripting "stuck" in Memo field in this new dataset, but always seemed to fall back to English/Latin on Sample dataset.

Time to delselect my Regional Language that uses Right to Left scripting. Selecting that Language changes my IE6 browser "Find" function too. I don't need to search for diacritics and other things for just English. Maybe the beta testers do need this capability, however.

John M.