duff

missing pop-up information in details window

The overflow information in each tag (beyond the first line) used to pop-up on a manila-colored background in the details window, when the cursor was hovered over the tag line in question. (Notes, for example). Thus one could read some of the contents of the tag without opening it.

Post-6.03, there are no pop-ups. Is that a switchable option? I don't find it in preferences. How do I get that preview pop-up back, and how can I back up the file that contains preferences such as that?

Thanks.

duff

The overflow information in each tag (beyond the first line) used to pop-up on a manila-colored background in the details window, when the cursor was hovered over the tag line in question. (Notes, for example).  Thus one could read some of the contents of the tag without opening it. 

Post-6.03, there are no pop-ups.  Is that a switchable option? I don't find it in preferences.  How do I get that preview pop-up back, and how can I back up the file that contains preferences such as that?

Thanks.

duff

Right click in window and check "Show item tips"

or

In Preferences>Program Options>Item Tips check which windows you want the item tips to appear

They are called "Item tips" - you turn them on and off with the right-click menu. Right-click in the tag box and choose "Show item tips in the Person view."

Preferences are backed up when you choose a Backup configuration that includes "customizations." The specific customizations to be backed up are selected at Step 3 of the backup wizard.