Campbell

Changed User Name Now Can't Update

On my laptop (not connected to internet), I recently changed my log-in name (I was playing around with a peer-to-peer network setup) and deleted my old log-in name.

Now when I tried to apply the update to v6.03, I got a message saying that I had originally installed TMG for only one user (the one I had since deleted) and had to change to that user to install the update. I added the old user name and logged in as that name, but got the same message. I can still run TMG, but can't update.

Is there a way of chaging the TMG set-up to allow all users (for the update)?

I would appreciate any help. I'd hate to have to re-install, especially when my laptop is not connected to internet.

On my laptop (not connected to internet), I recently changed my log-in name (I was playing around with a peer-to-peer network setup) and deleted my old log-in name.

Now when I tried to apply the update to v6.03, I got a message saying that I had originally installed TMG for only one user (the one I had since deleted) and had to change to that user to install the update. I added the old user name and logged in as that name, but got the same message. I can still run TMG, but can't update.

Is there a way of chaging the TMG set-up to allow all users (for the update)?

I would appreciate any help. I'd hate to have to re-install, especially when my laptop is not connected to internet.

This seems to be an XP problem, not a TMG one.

Are you running XP?

If so try doing a RESTORE to the first RESTORE point before the date you removed the original user name.

This action may be undone, if it does not work - I haven't tried it to see if it will re-establish old/ex users.

Coldan

It's an issue of permissions and user accounts with the operating system. You can't do the update by switching to Administrator privileges?

If not, you need to uninstall and reinstall to the user account that you plan to use. Why is the Internet a concern? You can copy the installer from your desktop to the laptop.