Judy

Individual Narrative Reports and unknown person

When printing to screen an Individual Narrative Report it will say "Person A married an Unknown person" instead of saying as it should say "Person A married Person B" . When I go to the detail screen of Person B and print to screen an Individual Narrative Report it will say "An Unknown Person married person B". Not all the people in my project print that way. Some will print normally, that is "Person A married Person B". I do not see any difference between the marriage tags and sentences. I have done the following:

Deleted marriage tag between two individuals and reentered.

Did "Verify File Integrity" and then "Reindex".

Closed TMG and restarted computer.

None of the above worked.

What should I do?

When You open the marriage Tag what do you see in the top left two boxes? You should have against each their number and name. If not click on the binoculars and select the correct person i.d. number. Also check that to the right of these boxes you have primary name selected.

Les Wylde

When printing to screen an Individual Narrative Report  it will say  "Person A married an Unknown person" instead of saying as it should say "Person A married Person B" . When I go to the detail screen of Person B and print to screen an Individual Narrative Report it will say "An Unknown Person married person B". Not all the people in my project print that way. Some will print normally, that is "Person A married Person B". I do not see any difference between the marriage tags and sentences.  I have done the following:

Deleted marriage tag between two individuals and reentered.

Did "Verify File Integrity" and then "Reindex".

Closed TMG and restarted computer.

None of the above worked.

What should I do?

The surety level in the report options (General tab) may be set too high. Try selecting 'Include blank surety' and 'No threshold'.

Virginia

When You open the marriage Tag what do you see in the top left two boxes? You should have against each their number and name. If not click on the binoculars and select the correct person i.d. number. Also check that to the right of these boxes you have primary name selected.

Les Wylde

Both the number and name are there and primary name is selected.

The surety level in the report options (General tab) may be set too high.  Try selecting 'Include blank surety' and 'No threshold'.

Virginia

That corrected the problem at least with the last two individuals. I will check the others. I am editing a file sent to me by a cousin and doing an Individual Detail Report as I go, to check my sentences. The second person in the marriage had not been edited and thus had no sureties. Thank you for your help.