SimonShaw

Merging two projects

How easy is it to merge to projects?

Recently I was sent a gedcom file, that I have now managed to load as a project into TMG, and there are many people from this tree that I wish to merge with my main project.

I do not necessarily want everone one from the new project, and where the same people exist in both projects I want to ensure that my original data isn't compromised in anyway. is this possible and safe?

thanks. all help appreciated

Recently I was sent a gedcom file, that I have now managed to load as a project into TMG, and there are many people from this tree that I wish to merge with my main project.

I do not necessarily want everone one from the new project, and where the same people exist in both projects I want to ensure that my original data isn't compromised in anyway. is this possible and safe?

In addition to the two articles that Jim recommeded, I'd suggest looking at the linked article on Copying People - since you only want some of the people copied, you may find that rather than merging the entire Data Sets, it would work better for you to copy specific people from the imported data set to your working one.