Neetz

Function keys are AWOL

Suddenly, all my function or shortcut keys do not work. F4 brings up the 'open project' screen instead of 'add tag', F3 within fields does nothing as does F2 or F9. My shortcut keys work within other programs.

I have run VFI (no problems found), optimize, reindex. I have rebooted the computer. Last night I even shut everything down. Hoping that this a.m. things would just return to normal. No such luck. I checked the sample project, the shortcut keys do not work there either.

I've checked the forum & archives but the only messages found seem to say that a similar problem was fixed with this release.

I'm running XP Pro with all updates, my anitvirus is updated & spy/malware has been run.

Help please, I am a keyboarder at heart. If there is a workaround, will someone please share it with me?

Anita

I'm running XP Pro with all updates, my anitvirus is updated & spy/malware has been run.

Be careful which operating system files you choose to quarantine with anti-spyware utilities (Adaware?). See if you can restore the most recent batch of files from a quarantine folder.

John M.

Suddenly, all my function or shortcut keys do not work. F4 brings up the 'open project' screen instead of 'add tag', F3 within fields does nothing as does F2 or F9. My shortcut keys work within other programs.

I have run VFI (no problems found), optimize, reindex. I have rebooted the computer. Last night I even shut everything down. Hoping that this a.m. things would just return to normal. No such luck. I checked the sample project, the shortcut keys do not work there either.

I've checked the forum & archives but the only messages found seem to say that a similar problem was fixed with this release.

Help please, I am a keyboarder at heart. If there is a workaround, will someone please share it with me?

Anita

Some things to try:

Run TMG by itself, no other programs open.

Maybe it is something in the layout. Try closing all your layout windows. Open the Details window only and give the layout a new name. Try the shortcuts in that single window.

Virginia

Run TMG by itself, no other programs open.

Maybe it is something in the layout. Try closing all your layout windows. Open the Details window only and give the layout a new name. Try the shortcuts in that single window.

Virginia,

I just tried this. First I rebooted my computer, then only opened TMG. Closed all windows, opened detail window only. Named new layout 'details shortcut'. Tried F4 to bring up a new tag, got the 'open project' screen. Closed that, opened a tag via highlight & then the enter key; tabbed through the fields, tried F2, nothing happened; tried F3, & F9, again no results. Closed by using my mouse.

As per John's suggestion, I restored the most recent files in quarantine. No difference.

I do have McAfee and Zone Alarm running in the background; this is no different than usual.

Any other ideas? Thank you so much for the suggestions.

Anita

My husband figured out my function key problem tonight. I use a 'bluetooth' wireless keyboard, that somehow stopped working with only TMG [yes, the batteries were new]. Plugging in an old USB keyboard brought my function keys back to the living. Next stop is to check to see if there is a driver update for my keyboard.

Thank you to all that puzzled about my problem.

Anita Reid :)

My husband figured out my function key problem tonight. I use a 'bluetooth' wireless keyboard, that somehow stopped working with only TMG [yes, the batteries were new]. Plugging in an old USB keyboard brought my function keys back to the living. Next stop is to check to see if there is a driver update for my keyboard.

Thank you to all that puzzled about my problem.

Anita Reid :)

Have you looked in Control Panel>Keyboard>Speed for options other than a new driver? Have you also looked in Control Panel>Mouse to see if Mouse settings cause an interaction with the Keyboard operation?

Have you looked in Control Panel>Keyboard>Speed for options other than a new driver? Have you also looked in Control Panel>Mouse to see if Mouse settings cause an interaction with the Keyboard operation?

John, Yes to both questions. I do remember having to change the batteries in the keyboard prior to the problem showing up in TMG. I did not have any programs open when I did this. Perhaps a dip in the power level during the switch caused the glitch to show up in TMG. There is an update to the driver available. I'll be installing it later today.

Thanks again for the suggestions,

Anita