Judy

Automatic "Relation" Tag

I am editing some data sent to me by a cousin a couple years ago. I have the the Automatic "Relation" Tag on myself in Preferences. When I am in the Detail Person view of someone that is related to me the Automatic "Relation" Tag is showing up correct. When I open a child tag and then close the child tag on the parent Detail Person view the Automatic "Relation" Tag now says not related to me which is not correct. When opening and closing all other tags the Automatic "Relation" Tag works fine. It is only with the child tags. It is a real pain to have to refresh the Automatic "Relation" Tag each time I open a child tag especially if there are a lot of children.

I am editing some data sent to me by a cousin a couple years ago. I have the the Automatic "Relation" Tag on myself in Preferences. When I am in the Detail Person view of someone that is related to me the Automatic "Relation" Tag is showing up correct. When I open a child tag and then close the child tag on the parent Detail Person view the Automatic "Relation" Tag now says not related to me which is not correct. When opening and closing all other tags the Automatic "Relation" Tag works fine. It is only with the child tags.  It is a real pain  to have to refresh the Automatic "Relation" Tag each time I open a child tag especially if there are a lot of children.

The auto relationship tag is calculated when you first toggle auto relationship and is not changed until toggled again. When you add a new person, if you add them to the parent that already has a relationship the new person's relationship will show correctly at this time. To recalculate relationships as each person is added would significantly slow down the program. To-recalculate the relationships during a session, [Refresh relationships] from preferences. An easy way to accomplish this is to add "Toggle Relative auto-tag" to your custom toolbar. Go to: View > Toolbars > Customize. Toggle the tag off then back on to recalculate relationships.

The auto relationship tag is calculated when you first toggle auto relationship and is not changed until toggled again.  When you add a new person, if you add them to the parent that already has a relationship the new person's relationship will show correctly at this time.  To recalculate relationships as each person is added would significantly slow down the program. To-recalculate the relationships during a session, [Refresh relationships] from preferences.  An easy way to accomplish this is to add "Toggle Relative auto-tag" to your custom toolbar.  Go to: View > Toolbars > Customize. Toggle the tag off then back on to recalculate relationships.

I can understand this if I was adding another person. This is a person already there and the relationship already calculated. I am just adding sureties to already existing tags. I am on the person view of a person related to me. I open a parent/child link from the parent's person view and add the surety. When I exit the parent/child link on the parent person view I loose the relationship calculation.