JoanT

Project opens in repair mode

My main project opens in repair mode but closes after showing a box telling me there was an error opening data files. I deleted the *.cdx files (of which there were only 8), but it didn't help. When I checked the *.cdx files the second time I see that only 8 are being recreated. I am unable to open my main project. Other projects open just fine, run the repair mode, and seem to be okay.

I am running Win98SE, have plenty of disk space. Was in Ancestry.com, with TMG open, when the screen froze and I could not close it.. even with CAD. Had to push the restart button on the computer, and now have the problem with my project.

Thanks for any help.

Joan Thomas

My main project opens in repair mode but closes after showing a box telling me there was an error opening data files.  I deleted the *.cdx files (of which there were only 8), but it didn't help.  When I checked the *.cdx files the second time I see that only 8 are being recreated.  I am unable to open my main project.  Other projects open just fine, run the repair mode, and seem to be okay.

I am running Win98SE, have plenty of disk space.  Was in Ancestry.com, with TMG open, when the screen froze and I could not close it.. even with CAD.  Had to push the restart button on the computer, and now have the problem with my project. 

Thanks for any help.

Joan Thomas

Restore from your most recent backup

or

Use WinZip to Zip together your Project Folder and email the file to support@whollyenes.com. Include Project not opening in the subject line.

If you don't have WinZip, a trial version is available at www.WinZip.com.

I can ditto this situation. Seems to only affect my last project used. Other projects seem to be OK. Unfortunately it froze before I could backed these last important entries! Jeeeezze. Hope a solution is available.