patthepiper

Report Difficulty

I would welcome suggestions to help me solve a Report problem.

I am following several lines of research, and have others assisting me. In my database I have attached a Researcher tag to the progenitors of each line, and in the Memo I record researchers working on that line.

I have had no success using a List of People for this will list only one line for each record.

The report I need is one that will list progenitors and a list of their associated researchers, along these lines -

Progenitor Researcher

Robert Dunbar A. Smith

B. Jones

Alexander Dunbar T. Brown

U. Green

It seems that an Event report might do this, but I cannot figure out how to do it.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Pat Dunbar

Organiser, Dunbar One-Name Study

I can't figure out how to do it with List of People or List of Events reports, but you can with the Individual Narrative.

Make the sentence for the Principal of the researcher tag something like just: [:CR:][M]

Use the Individual Narrative, with a filter that finds all the progenitors. You might set a custom flag to do this, and filter on the flag.

In the IN, under Tags in Options, set to "Selected" and select only your researcher tag.

The result is the name of each progenitor, followed by the names of the researchers. You could "fancy up" the sentence structure of the tag to get more elaborate results if you like.