mrholtsr

Changing Sex Flag

:( I downloaded a gedcom in which many of the sex flags were set to ?. In trying to change to M or F almost without exception the program locks up and I have to use control/alt/delete to exit. I am using 6.04. Is this a bug and if so is there a workaround. Thanks, Ray Holt

Seems to be working alright for me in V6.04, although I have only tried changing the flags one at a time. How are you trying to change the flag?

Les Wylde

I am in the midst of merging duplicate entries. About every five or ten entries I discover that one of the entries I'm triying to merge have the flag set to M or F while the other one is set to ?. When I try to change the ? to M or F the machine locks up and I have to use control/alt/delete to exit the program. When I get back in the flag has changed to the correct sex. It is annoying to have this lock up occur. Thanks, Ray Holt

I have been doing the same sex change ? to either ot M or F operations without lock ups. However, I have detected a problem in the updating of links between parent and a child with newly assigned sex. I find that running VFI fixes the problem even though it says "No problem found". I have reported this to the developers.

I wonder whether you have changed the sex of 2 persons who were in adjacent generations (i.e both a parent and their child) and hence get the lock up?

You do this by changing the SEX flag for that person. Open the Flags window from the Windows menu if you don't already have it in your layout. Rightclick on the SEX flag and select Edit this flag. In the Values column, doubleclick the sex to which you want to change that person.

Virginia

How do I change the sex of an individual? I have tried every button I can and have look up on the help menu and am unable to change the sex of a individual. Can somebody help

Help > Help Contents > Index Tab > Changing SEX or SEX (changing)

or you can use the Search Tab and type SEX