I have several tag types that are the same. Is there a way to merge them so I only have 1. Or is the a report I can do for a tag type to see what is using it, so I can change all of them and then delete the unused one?

TMG Utility will change events of type "A" to type "B". You can use it to consolidate the events from a group of types into a single type. (If you use Roles, you need to be careful to make sure that the proper roles exist in the destination event type.) Also, TMG Utility does not delete tag types. When you are done consolidating, you delete the tag type in TMG.

TMG Utility will change events of type "A" to type "B". You can use it to consolidate the events from a group of types into a single type. (If you use Roles, you need to be careful to make sure that the proper roles exist in the destination event type.) Also, TMG Utility does not delete tag types. When you are done consolidating, you delete the tag type in TMG.

Thank you, I'll try that.

I've downloaded the program but I don't understand how to consolidate tags. I couldn't find anything about it in the table of contents for the TMG Utility. Is there a web page to explain it step by step?

I've downloaded the program but I don't understand how to consolidate tags.  I couldn't find anything about it in the table of contents for the TMG Utility.  Is there a web page to explain it step by step?

From the left hand menu expand Events.

Select Change Event Type.

On the right choose the tag type you want to get rid of e.g Milt Beg

Choose the tag type you want it to become e.g. Milt Serv

This will change all Milt Beg tags to Milt Serv. You can set a Flag Filter so it only changes for a certain group.

Make use of the Log Only option to see what effect the change would have. This will show you what would be changed.

Once you've changed them you can then delete your redundant Tag e.g Milt Beg in this example.

;)