:( I must be doing something wrong.

I am running TMG 6.04; WinXP SP2; 512 M RAM

My printer is a Lexmark T430DN

I've just started to again use VCF, after a very long absence.

However, when I print out a chart that has 10 pages, there are no cut marks present.

John

Because I have a big printer I have not had the need for cut marks. (I had not tried this option until this topic appeared on the forum.)

I conducted some tests here to conclude that this option is not working as expected. I tried some margin settings to see the content change, but no cut marks were printed (W2000 to a Laserjet HP5MP). I do sometimes get a fine pale grey line only at the left margin of the page if I have zero left margin.

I will report that this to the developers.

Because I have a big printer I have not had the need for cut marks. (I had not tried this option until this topic appeared on the forum.)

I conducted some tests here to conclude that this option is not working as expected. I tried some margin settings to see the content change, but no cut marks were printed (W2000 to a Laserjet HP5MP). I do sometimes get a fine pale grey line only at the left margin of the page if I have zero left margin.

I will report that this to the developers.

Same experience with a Konica Minolta 1350W Laser printer earlier - whoa - Let me take another look with two pairs of glasses in series. The cut-lines are there!

The cut lines were very obvious on a PDF995 file in Adobe Reader, zoomed in.

John M.

Same experience with a Konica Minolta 1350W Laser printer earlier - whoa - Let me take another look with two pairs of glasses in series. The cut-lines are there!

The cut lines were very obvious on a PDF995 file in Adobe Reader, zoomed in.

John M.

Neglected to mention that this faint line problem pops up frequently on AutoCad and other cad software forums, and is apparenly caused by Windows printing a line only one pixel wide. May not be worth the bother to try to fix it.

John M.

Neglected to mention that this faint line problem pops up frequently on AutoCad and other cad software forums, and is apparenly caused by Windows printing a line only one pixel wide. May not be worth the bother to try to fix it.

John M.

John Gregson-

As per private e-mail to you, based on your continuing problems noted on TMG-L list, I dropped my laser printer down from 1200x600 dpi resolution to 600x600 resolution and got a line I can see with only three diopter correction, instead of five.

Suggest you try to reduce the quality of your printout until you see a line showing you where to set your paper cutter.

Good luck,

John Moran

John Gregson-

As per private e-mail to you, based on your continuing problems noted on TMG-L list, I dropped my laser printer down from 1200x600 dpi resolution to 600x600 resolution and got a line I can see with only three diopter correction, instead of five.

Suggest you try to reduce the quality of your printout until you see a line showing you where to set your paper cutter.

Good luck,

John Moran

John.

I just did that. dropped my printer resolution down to 600 from 1200.

I can now see the cut marks; faint but visible.

See my latest post on the List.

Thanks for you help, you gave me the tip that I needed.

John Gregson