tbrowne

Report Problem

I recently imported my genealogy data from The Ultimate Family Tree and many individuals have a death tag attached to his/her record where there is no death date or other death info. When I print a journal report, the text for the individual may say simpy: "Robert died." I'd like to eliminate this useless text and I suspect I'll need to delete the death tag for persons where there us no data associated with the tag. Is there any other way to supress text when there is no pertinent data? Also, if necessary, is there a way to delete all death tags where there is no pertinent data without doing each record individually?

Thanks so much!

I recently imported my genealogy data from The Ultimate Family Tree and many individuals have a death tag attached to his/her record where there is no death date or other death info.  When I print a journal report, the text for the individual may say simpy:  "Robert died."  I'd like to eliminate this useless text and I suspect I'll need to delete the death tag for persons where there us no data associated with the tag.  Is there any other way to supress text when there is no pertinent data?  Also, if necessary, is there a way to delete all death tags where there is no pertinent data without doing each record individually?

Thanks so much!

You are getting this because of the Death Tag sentence which, in mine, is [P] died <[D]> <[L]> <[A]>

The three fields for Date, Location and Age have conditional brackets round them which means that those fields will not print if they are blank hence on a blank death tag you get Robert died.

You can delete tags by type using John Cardinal's TMG Utility which has conditions included such as Retain if date not empty.

It can be obtained from http://www.johncardinal.com/tmgutil/index.htm and is donorware.

Well worth obtaining and definitely worth donating.

B)