cjabusch

Focus Group and Image Window Problem

Hi,

I'm using ver 6.04.

Problem #1:

I'm wanting to create a custom report. After reading Help, and being directed to use a focus group, I clicked on the 'Focus Group' button on the toolbar. Nothing happened. I then tried the menu option for 'Focus Group' and again, no window.

I clicked on the 'Image window' button and a 'Focus Group' window opened. Very Strange.

Is there a bug fix for this? Help? :

Problem #2:

I tried to use that 'Focus Group' window that opened (however incorrectly that it got there) to create a focus group. I'm unable to add any people to it. I tried right-clicking on the person that currently had the focus, and from the drop-down menu selecting 'Add this person to Focus Group'. A small status window appeared in the top right of the screen saying 'One person added to focus group.' But nothing appears in the window.

Help?

Thanks!!

Catherine

tomcat02@comcast.net

... I clicked on the 'Focus Group' button on the toolbar.  Nothing happened.  I then tried the menu option for 'Focus Group' and again, no window.

I clicked on the 'Image window' button and a 'Focus Group' window opened.  Very Strange.

....I tried right-clicking on the person that currently had the focus, and from the drop-down menu selecting 'Add this person to Focus Group'.  A small status window appeared in the top right of the screen saying 'One person added to focus group.'  But nothing appears in the window.

Hi Catherine,

What happens if you try opening the focus group from the Window menu instead of the buttons on the toolbar?

Immediately after adding someone, have you tried Window -> Centre the current window?

Perhaps the window is minimised, or off somewhere you can't see it until you try this?

Hi,

I'm using ver 6.04. 

Problem #1:

I'm wanting to create a custom report.  After reading Help, and being directed to use a focus group, I clicked on the 'Focus Group' button on the toolbar.  Nothing happened.  I then tried the menu option for 'Focus Group' and again, no window.

I clicked on the 'Image window' button and a 'Focus Group' window opened.  Very Strange.

Is there a bug fix for this?  Help?  :

Problem #2:

I tried to use that 'Focus Group' window that opened (however incorrectly that it got there) to create a focus group.  I'm unable to add any people to it.  I tried right-clicking on the person that currently had the focus, and from the drop-down menu selecting 'Add this person to Focus Group'.  A small status window appeared in the top right of the screen saying 'One person added to focus group.'  But nothing appears in the window.

Help?

Thanks!!

Catherine

tomcat02@comcast.net

What screen resolution are you using? I notice that the focus group (FG) opens to the far right of the layout, and if tmg is windowed, the FG is half off the screen. If you are using 800x600, it may be out of sight.

Are you using the Standard layout with large buttons on the toolbar?

As Lorna suggested, if you click on Focus Group on the Window menu and you don't see it open in your layout, go to the Window menu and click on Center the Current Window. Occasionally a window will open behind your layout where you can't see it, and Center the Current Window will bring it to the forefront.

We still have to figure out why the focus person is not being added to the Focus Group. Try this: in the FG, click on the Add Individual.. button and enter the ID# of the focus person and see if that works.

Virginia

Lorna and Virgina,

Thank you for your suggestions. I have tried them all and am still unsuccessful.

RE: Problem #1:

- The Focus Group does not appear from either the Window menu or the toolbar button.

- Trying 'Center' from the Window menu also did not produce the window, but always put the main details window on top and in the center.

- My screen resolution is 1024x768.

- No, I'm using a layout I preferred, with small buttons. However, just to see if it helped, I changed back to the Standard Layout and large buttons, and still did not get a Focus Group window.

RE: Problem #2:

I had also tried the 'Add Individual' button, but it also did not work.

Again, thank you for your suggestions. Do any of the Wholly Genes technical or programming staff happen to read these postings and reply?

thanks,

- Catherine

Are there any ideas or thoughts on what to try next, from the Wholly Genes technical staff?

Are there other websites that list bugs, errors, and fixes for them?

thanks,

Catherine

I did a search on this problem and found this thread. I'm having the same problem as of today.

I added a new father to an individual and the "Image" window I had on screen closed. When I select "Window" - "Image", the 'Focus Group' window opens instead. (If I select "Window" - "Focus Group", nothing opens.)

I was using a custom layout and it still showed I was using that layout. I made no changes to my layout though since all I did was simply add an individual and the window disappeared. All my other windows in my custom layout are in place where they should be.

I was running TMG v6.05 and tried to reindex/optimize, but that did not help. I then updated to v6.08 and still have the same problem.

The menu command "Window" - "Image" still opens the Focus Group window. The same thing happens if I click the "Image window" button on the toolbar. I can find no way to open my Image window now and when I try to open it, the wrong window opens.

Another thing that is weird is when I select "Tools" - "Exhibit Log", none of the images show up. It shows 9 thumbnails placeholders for the 9 images for the person I pulled up, but they are blank (gray) with no actual image. It also shows the description for each one if I click on them, but no image.

If I try to double click on one of the gray images, I get an error message of below:

"OLE error code 0x. 218 FRMEXHIBIT.MVIEWEXHIBIT"

It has 'Abort', 'Retry', 'Ignore' buttons. Clicking all of the buttons do not help.

I have not moved my exhibit location.

Was there ever a resolution to the original poster of this issue or is there something else to try or something going on with my images?

Keith Hemmelman

Edited by KHemmelman

Tech Support will first have you upgrade to the current TMG 6.08 and see if you can repeat your problem.

FYI, the original poster had the problem before v6.08 existed and there didn't appear to be any replies that solved the problem, but since it was quite some time ago, I assume the problem got resolved one way or another. I replied to this old thread since I experienced the same problem and found it while searching here. (It seemed appropriate for me to reply to this thread.)

I did update my TMG to v6.08 and it didn't help. However, I completely uninstalled and reinstalled TMG and now it functions properly without any errors. I probably should have done this before I searched the forums here, but since I had changed nothing with TMG, it seemed a rather odd problem to just pop up out of nowhere.

So in the end, other than a bit of confusion and an un-answered question as to what happened, I'm back up and running.

Keith