Judy

Methods of entering census data and reports

I am currently editing my main project and found with some of my censuses I have entered husband and wife as P1 and P2 and children as witnesses and some I have entered head of household as P1 and all others as P2. Apprently I changed methods at some point. I would like to be able to do reports and specify primary events only so I only have primary birth and death tags but have all other events in reports so I have residence1, residence2, occupation1, occupation2 tags etc. Does that mean that if I specify primary events in reports that my census tags will only print for the people that are listed as P1 and P2 and not for witnesses unless I specify "all events and wittnesses" in report options. I would like to be able to do a Journal report with primary birth and death information printing but have all other tag information print including my census tags with witnesses.

Judy

Judy,

You cannot print "primary only" and also print witnessed events. In my opinion the "primary only" option is not useful and should be ignored. Instead, create alternate tag types for those events that you do not want to print, and then use the "Selected" Tag Types option to control which tags get printed. For example, if you have alternate birth and death tags which you want to exclude from the report, create Birth-Alt and Death-Alt tags, and use them for that data. Then don't select those tag types in list of "Selected" tag types in the report.

For more on this, see my article on primary tags.