Judy

Report to find non primary birth tags?

I want to change my non-primary birth tags to Birth-Alt tags. Is there a report and filter I can use to list non-primary birth tags?

Judy

I want to change my non-primary birth tags to Birth-Alt tags. Is there a report and filter I can use to list non-primary birth tags?

Judy

List of Events report with filter

Tag Type Label Equals BIRTH AND

Principal1 Primary Marker Off END

List of Events report with filter

Tag Type Label Equals BIRTH AND

Principal1 Primary Marker Off END

Paul

I know that this is a very old posting of yours but it has just helped me solve two issues which I thought were unsolvable. The List of Events report has hidden powers which with your guidance I am now starting to make use of.

Neil Bradley

West Aust

Neil:

I wonder if you could share with us the issues you thought unsolvable? As I'm sure you've discovered, never are you the only one to have 'unsolvable' issues ;) As a TMG User Group Leader, these are exactly the types of things I like to share with the group.

B)

Joan

Judy

Judy

At the risk of looking silly (this may be one of those instances where everyone else already knows and it has only just dawned on me) ...

I make extensive use of filters under the Project Explorer and also the additional capabilities in the List of People Report. It was only finding Paul's comment that opened my eyes to the significant filtering capabilities available within the List of Events Report which (I don't think) exist anywhere else.

The two specific issues that I was able to search for using variations of Paul's suggested fliter were :-

- people with both a non-primary bith and also a primary birth (I know that this is quite valid in many circumstances but in my friend's database it was just poor data control - probably from an old import which hadn't been cleansed.)

- people who had both a primary and non-primary father & son relationship "son-bio", i.e. duplicate tags. I'm still not entirely sure how my friend managed that feat.

I couldn't work out how to filter for either of these two issues before I discovered to joys of the List of Events Report.

Since then I have discovered that the Date searching capability within the list of events allows you to filter on the day / month / year as seperate components which for me means that I can isolate all Deaths where I have the Year but not the full date (for example).

I also plan to make use of being able to filter on Custom Flags values set for a Parent or a Spouse.

As I said at the top, everyone else may well know all this already.

Cheers, Neil

Judy

<snip>

The two specific issues that I was able to search for using variations of Paul's suggested fliter were :-

- people with both a non-primary bith and also a primary birth (I know that this is quite valid in many circumstances but in my friend's database it was just poor data control - probably from an old import which hadn't been cleansed.)

- people who had both a primary and non-primary father & son relationship "son-bio", i.e. duplicate tags. I'm still not entirely sure how my friend managed that feat.

I couldn't work out how to filter for either of these two issues before I discovered to joys of the List of Events Report.

Since then I have discovered that the Date searching capability within the list of events allows you to filter on the day / month / year as seperate components which for me means that I can isolate all Deaths where I have the Year but not the full date (for example).

I also plan to make use of being able to filter on Custom Flags values set for a Parent or a Spouse.

<snip>

Thanks Neil - I'll be sure to pass these along to our TMGUG.

B)

Joan