Rlockmanpete

Gedcom Exports

I am generating a gedcom file, with ancestry of a target person. I am adding ancestors and spouses. How can I add siblings and possibly even their spouses? If I must go to each person and add them one at a time it would be so time consuming that it would be counterproductive.

Can I generate a Journal Report, and change it to a gedcom?

You don't say, but it sounds like you are using the Focus Group to control who is exported. That's a good method. Assuming you already have a FG with the target person and his or her ancestors, now do this in the FG screen:

To add Siblings:

1. Click the "Select All" button to select everyone in the FG. Now, find the "target person" and hold Ctrl while clicking on him/her to un-select just that one person. Do the same for that person's spouse. (this avoids adding the children of the target person in the following steps.)

2. In the Add Others box, uncheck all options but Descendants, and check Descendants. Set the number of generations to one.

3. Click the Add Others button - you now have added all the siblings of the ancestors to the FG.

To add the spouses of the siblings:

4. Click the "Select All" button to select everyone in the FG again.

5. Uncheck Descendants, and check Spouses.

6. Click the Add Others button - you have now added all the spouses of the siblings.

That should include everyone you want - use the FG to control the export wizard.