JohnR

Last edited date

If I forget to cancel all the way out of an existing memo and simply F9 then the last edited date gets updated. I can find no way to get back in and reset the date.

Reason being that I use SS and its recent additions index and I am constantly seeing records that I just looked at rather than new or re-edited ones.

John

John,

TMG Utility can set the last edited date, but you have to create a text file in a certain format. The format is explained on the help page. TMG Utility reads that file and changes the last edited date for each person that is included in the text file. It sounds like a lot of work, but once you do it you might think it's reasonable... especially because there isn't any other way without editing the database files directly!

See the help for "Set Person Field".

John,

TMG Utility can set the last edited date, but you have to create a text file in a certain format. The format is explained on the help page. TMG Utility reads that file and changes the last edited date for each person that is included in the text file. It sounds like a lot of work, but once you do it you might think it's reasnable... especially because there isn't any other way without editing the database files directly! <g>

See the help for "Set Person Field".

Is there anything that the TMG Utility can't or won't do? (apart from nipping downstairs and making me a cup of coffee) :)

If I forget to cancel all the way out of an existing memo and simply F9 then the last edited date gets updated. I can find no way to get back in and reset the date.

Reason being that I use SS and its recent additions index and I am constantly seeing records that I just looked at rather than new or re-edited ones.

John

You could temporarily change the date of your computer to the date you want on the record, then go to the record you want to reset the date on, F5 and F9.