glamberson

TMG 6 Using Windows XP Pro X64 Edition?

Hello,

I am preparing to build a new command workstation for my work area, and I'm debating between using Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 and Windows XP Professional x64 Edition.

The Media Center Edition is the same as regular Windows XP for the purposes of using TMG, and this is kind of my fallback solution. What I want to do is use Windows XP Professional x64 Edition.

Has anyone experience with using the 64-bit version of Windows and TMG? If not, could some of you Wholly Genes folks give me your opinion about any issues you would see in using TMG 6 within WOW64?

Also, how far in the future is any TMG version that would be native 64-bit?

Thanks much.

Greg Lamberson

Sorry. This has been on my to-do list for a long time and I've just gotten to it. v6.07.000 appears to be running just fine under WinXP Pro x64. I still need to exercise all the cracks and crevices but see no problems at this time.

At this point in time, I wouldn't recommend anyone running x64 as their default operating system unless drivers exist for all of your hardware and all of the applications that you typically use have no issues. There are also some limits to web browsing that require working around with the 32-bit browser. Put another way, x64 is not for the casual user.