Hi, can someone help me.

I have just got the UK copy which has been hidden in the cupboard for a few years to try and make a start on my history.

Whenever I try to run a report I get a message saying

"File Error - Cannot find CTL3D.DLL"

When I click OK on this message I then get

"Unable to run or generate report - Insufficiant memory or invalid programme file (RRWRUN.exe"

When I click OK on this it takes me back to the person file.

Any ideas?

Take a look at

(Incorrect link removed. Please see the two replies below... JEB)

which will explain your problem and its solution.

Hi, can someone help me.

I have just got the UK copy which has been hidden in the cupboard for a few years to try and make a start on my history.

Whenever I try to run a report I get a message saying

"File Error    -     Cannot find CTL3D.DLL"

When I click OK on this message I then get

"Unable to run or generate report    -    Insufficiant memory or invalid programme file (RRWRUN.exe"

When I click OK on this it takes me back to the person file.

Any ideas?

If you just need to download the file CTL3D.DLL and don't get the messages in Robin's link above, you can find more information and the download in this message:

http://www.whollygenes.com/forums201/index...ctl3d\.dll

Virginia

Thanks to Virginia for identifying that I had copied the wrong topic URL

I thought that I had copied the following

http://www.whollygenes.com/forums201/index.php?showtopic=354

Sorry for the incorrect link.

I have exactly the same problem as Derek, when running TMG on Windows Vista. I was delighted to see that it was possible to solve it by a download, but when I click on the "Download here" link in the message referred to by Robin and Virginia, I just get an ERROR 404 message.

Is there somewhere else I can go to get the necessary download?

(for info, it is the UK Silver Edition of TMG that I am using.)

Edited by Stanza

I have exactly the same problem as Derek, when running TMG on Windows Vista. I was delighted to see that it was possible to solve it by a download, but when I click on the "Download here" link in the message referred to by Robin and Virginia, I just get an ERROR 404 message.

Is there somewhere else I can go to get the necessary download?

(for info, it is the UK Silver Edition of TMG that I am using.)

I also get the 404 on the 'download here' link in Barbara's message. However, since you are using Windows Vista, I wonder if this is the fix you are looking for or if there is another problem. Have you read Jim Byram's paper on using TMG with Vista? That is at:

http://www.whollygenes.com/files/tmg6andwinvista.pdf

Are you using the latest version (v6.12) of TMG?

And the error message you are getting is exactly identical to Derek's above and only when you run a report? I see he was also using the UK version at the time (2005).

Virginia

Contact Dorothy or Phil in Tech Support and they can provide the missing file. This file was a system file in the Win98 days but is not included in WinXP. TMG 4 uses ctl3d.dll.

I am new to this forum. I have the GOLD EDITION V4.0d which I have not used since being laid off in 2000 & I am trying to get back into my history. I am running on XP.

When I try to run a report I get a message saying - "File Error" Cannot find CTL3D.DLL

When I click on this message I get - "Unable to run or generate report - Insufficient memory or invalid program file RRWRUN.exe"

I see that others have experienced this and there is a file to fix this per Barb Grempler's post which says:

Contact Dorothy or Phil in Tech Support and they can provide the missing file. This file was a system file in the Win98 days but is not included in WinXP. TMG 4 uses ctl3d.dll. How do I go about contacting Dorthy or Phil in Tech support from this forum window?