michelle

direct line charts

:D Hello, Can anyone help me with a really simple, probably dumb, question please? When making a chart, such as a descendant or ancestor chart, how do I choose direct lines only (not siblings)? thanks, Michelle

Have you looked at the Relationship Chert?

It may produce what you want.

I don't believe that you can get images in this output.

BTW: I have previously asked for the direct line output as a style that produces large format charts (rather than Letter or A4 paged reports). If this was done then you could show primary images. It would also be nice to be able to automatically highlight the direct line relationship in any VCF chart.

:D Hello, Can anyone help me with a really simple, probably dumb, question please? When making a chart, such as a descendant or ancestor chart, how do I choose direct lines only (not siblings)? thanks, Michelle

There is general method for when you want to create any sort of report, but want to exclude people that the available report options don't exclude. You create a temporary Data Set that does not contain the people you want to exclude, then run the report from that Data Set.

You create the temporary Data Set with the List of People report, setting the "Secondary Output" option to "create a new data set." You tell the LoP report on it's main page who to include in the temporary Data Set. You can do that with either the focus group, or with a filter. It doesn't matter if you include extra people, just so long as you don't include those you don't want in the report.

For your direct line issue, a filter like:

Is a Descendant of ID# 123 AND

Is an Ancestor of ID# 456 END

should work. Here the two ID#s are the persons at the two ends of the line. You might also want to check the "Then add spouses" box.

If you need more details, please ask.