joneall

TMG 6.07 - structure version missing

I too since upgrading from 605 but hjave found if you click the message away and restart then o problem. Not elegant, doesn't solve a minor problem bur effective

Dave

I too have the same problem. It doesn't happen every time I load TMG (ver. 6.08) but enough to be a concern.

I estimate that I get the "structure....missing" and abort problem about every 4th time that I load TMG.

I too have the same problem.  It doesn't happen every time I load TMG (ver. 6.08) but enough to be a concern.

I estimate that I get the "structure....missing" and abort problem about every 4th time that I load TMG.

If you have preferences set to check for an update, try turning that off.

Virginia

If you have preferences set to check for an update, try turning that off.

Virginia

Thanks for the reply.

I found the option:

Preferences>Options> Program Options>Startup>During Startup>Show Tips..

My settings : checked to "Show Tips...", and "0 days" for "Check web site ".

I did uncheck the "Show Tips..". Hope this does fix the "structure..." problem.

In TMG v6.09, the "structure version" problem still exists.

In my situation (Windows XP Pro SP2), the following applies:

The message "Structure version is missing. Contact tech support for assistance." is given after starting TMG in the following situations:

1) if a TMG project is opened by another user, and

2) if the TMG project was opened before when working Offline (Windows XP Pro feature to enable working when not connected to a network and shared disks, e.g. with a notebook).

TMG ends and can be restarted. Then the Welcome window is shown (even if this had been switched off in the preferences) and after selecting the last project button, the program works as normal.

The double restart every time is very irritating. Probably Wholly Genes support is not aware of the problem, they cannot solve it or it has a (too) low priority. Wake up folks!

Addition 2006-07-27:

The file vfp7rerr.log does not contain time-related errors, only many of the following lines:

Fatal error: Exception code=C0000005 @ 2005.11.17 09:32:29 AM. Error log file: C:\WINDOWS\system32\vfp7rerr.log

Called from - tmgmain line 585 {C:\Program Files\The Master Genealogist\tmg\programs\tmgmain.prg c:\program files\the master genealogist\tmg.exe}

Edited by Arman

In TMG v6.09, the "structure version" problem still exists.

In my situation (Windows XP Pro SP2), the following applies:

The message "Structure version is missing. Contact tech support for assistance." is given after starting TMG in the following situations:

1) if a TMG project is opened by another user, and

2) if the TMG project was opened before when working Offline (Windows XP Pro feature to enable working when not connected to a network and shared disks, e.g. with a notebook).

TMG ends and can be restarted. Then the Welcome window is shown (even if this had been switched off in the preferences) and after selecting the last project button, the program works as normal.

The double restart every time is very irritating. Probably Wholly Genes support is not aware of the problem, they cannot solve it or it has a (too) low priority. Wake up folks!

Arman,

this is not in any way an official Wholly Genes reply but

1) as you know it has been reported earlier and I'm sure Wholly Genes is aware of it;

2) thanks of providing details about how you run into this which is always very essential to replicate things;

3) the current program design -as far as I know- is that some precaution steps are taken to avoid any damages to the user project. If TMG can't for some reason identify the structure version info then it unloads immediately. Classify this as a workaround but according to me it is always no doubt better than perhaps get the project and your data damaged.

4) it will be reported again. :)

5) please check in addition C:\WINDOWS\system32\vfp7rerr.log

Look into that file and see if it contains any timerelated entries / errors occured at the time of those shutdowns. If so, please add the error messages to your report.

The reason this issue is still out there is that it can't be replicated. One beta tester got the issue on his notebook and now can't get it any more.

I need one or two people who get the issue on a regular basis to help me. Contact me directly and I will sent you download instructions and detailed instructions to test this. The download will be about 6.5 Mb.

Basically, you will be using a Tmg.exe build which will create a log file when the 'structure version missing' message occurs.

Write me by clicking on the link below:

Jim Byram

Update: Could each of you please send me the PJC file from the project giving the 'structure version missing' message so that I can check the file.

Edited by Jim Byram

I asked for help on July 10 (see the reply above) and sent an email or PM to each of the four above persons who have the 'structure version missing' issue a few days later. So far I've heard nothing from anyone willing to help test this issue.

Jim,

Since I posted my note about "structure missing..." in early April, and after I set my preferences as noted, I don't believe I have seen the "Structure missing..." error message. I estimate that I have opened my TMG (v.6.09) about 50 times since then.

I am sending my .pjc file to you .

thanks for your help.

Ed Zwieback

The reason this issue is still out there is that it can't be replicated. One beta tester got the issue on his notebook and now can't get it any more.

I need one or two people who get the issue on a regular basis to help me. Contact me directly and I will sent you download instructions and detailed instructions to test this. The download will be about 6.5 Mb.

Basically, you will be using a Tmg.exe build which will create a log file when the 'structure version missing' message occurs.

Write me by clicking on the link below:

Jim Byram

Update: Could each of you please send me the PJC file from the project giving the 'structure version missing' message so that I can check the file.

Jim

I am using 6.09 and get this error every few times I open TMG. I am willing to help you if necessary. I will email you the contents of my log file in the first instance.

Neil

Hello

May I add to the discussion. I have seen this symptom recently. I am using TMG 6.09 UK Gold edition on Windows XP SP2 Home Edition. I have been accessing my TMG data from two different computers, one with the database on it, and another over the network. The one over the netowrk is running Windows 2000 Professional SP4.

On one occasion I encountered an error, which was captured in the error log file as follows:

Fatal error: Exception code=C0000005 @ 2006.09.12 04:38:47 PM. Error log file: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\vfp7rerr.log

Called from - frmmessagemanager.mcreatearray line 0 { }

Called from - frmmessagemanager.init line 0 { }

Called from - menuobjtmg.mmessagemanager line 0 { }

Called from - appobject.show line 0 { }

Called from - tmgappobj.show line 0 { }

Called from - tmgmain line 0 { c:\program files\the master genealogist\tmg.exe}

Subsequently I got the "structure version missing" message. Restarting is then OK.

I reassured to know that it is a precautionarly measure.

John

For Jim Byram's benefit, I have implemented the TMG replacement file as per your instructions on both my PC and laptop, which both had this error.

I have run both at least 20 times without the error occuring since!!!

Sod's law I suppose.

If it does, I will of course pass on the details

Neil

I just got the "structure missing" message again on loading TMG, after many (50?) loadings of TMG without a problem. I'm using TMG v 6.12 and WinXP.