Cheryl

Member Map

Where is the Member Map? I seem to keep going around in circles looking for it?

The button is at the very top right of the forum window - in a line with Help, Search... - but it has not been activated since the forum hack and software upgrade a couple of months ago.

Virginia

There is also broken link to it on the left of the Wholly Genes website home page.

I think I picked up a little bug on the cruise. :unsure: I didn't read your full message the first time through.

I did find quite a few WP users on the cruise. B) I found that encouraging.

Wouldn't it be more user friendly to disable the hotlinks or add a comment that the member map is not available at this time, or, link to a temporary page that states that "the map is not available" or some such? I, too, made the circular scenic tour looking for the map. Finally, I noticed this thread. :unsure:

Wouldn't it be more user friendly to disable the hotlinks or add a comment that the member map is not available at this time, or, link to a temporary page that states that "the map is not available" or some such? I, too, made the circular scenic tour looking for the map. Finally, I noticed this thread. :unsure:

Apparently the subject of the membermap came up on the WG chat last night, and a link has been posted on tmg-l pointing to what apparently is the new format. See

http://www.frappr.com/whollygenessoftware

You enter your name and zip code and the program puts the pushpin in the appropriate location.

More - Teresa indicated on tmg-l that this was an experiment only and not an official replacement for the membermap.

Virginia

Edited by Virginia Blakelock

You enter your name and zip code and the program puts the pushpin in the appropriate location.

More - Teresa indicated on tmg-l that this was an experiment only and not an official replacement for the membermap.

Virginia

Re the potential new map. I quite like the format - the ability to scroll and pan etc - but have a couple of comments.

1 - for non-US members, it is your name and city that are required,

2 - the mappers do not know where Kirkcaldy is. (just north of Edinburgh, not in the highlands).

If postcodes (for UK anyway, and possibly most of Europe) were used, the problem in 2 may be averted.

If this system is to be used by the wider (non-US) community, an improvement in the mapping of towns should be considered.

Is there an intention (possibility) to copy the old pins to the new system?

Look forward to seeing the map running again.

Re the potential new map. I quite like the format - the ability to scroll and pan etc - but have a couple of comments.

2 - the mappers do not know where Kirkcaldy is. (just north of Edinburgh, not in the highlands).

Tony,

In "My Profile" you can manipulate the pin and move it to where you are.

Tony,

In "My Profile" you can manipulate the pin and move it to where you are.

I can get to "My Profile", after joining Frapper, and change my location on my "personal map" but I haven't found a way to do it on the WhollyGenes Member Map.

Hints please.

I can get to "My Profile", after joining Frapper, and change my location on my "personal map" but I haven't found a way to do it on the WhollyGenes Member Map.

Hints please.

In My Profile you have the small map on the right hand side entitled My Location. This is a small section of the whole map showing your location. If you click on another position then the marker will move to that position. Once you have it where you want click on Save Marker Position.

:whistle:

1 - for non-US members, it is your name and city that are required,

If this system is to be used by the wider (non-US) community, an improvement in the mapping of towns should be considered.

Look forward to seeing the map running again.

Seems to be very USA-centered...

Jerusalem doesn't even exist

(a somewhat famous location :blink: ).

Mosh

In My Profile ........ Once you have it where you want click on Save Marker Position.

Hi Jeff,

many thanks - worked just fine. I'm now back home where I should be :)

Hope you got yourself sorted as well, Mick.

Seems to be very USA-centered...

Jerusalem doesn't even exist

(a somewhat famous location  :blink: ).

Mosh

I do take your point, Mosh, and it does to a certain extent bear out my general comments (although, without wishing to offend anyone, there have been many around the world who have tried (and failed) to achieve the removal of Jerusalem for centuries :rolleyes: )

best wishes to all,

Tony