Four of us have tried, independently on four different computers, to produce a book from multiple reports. The process appears to work in terms of creating the individual reports, but there is no combined report, or book, as one would expect.

Regards.....David

David,

The Book Manager could be better named. It's a tool to run multiple reports in succession. It could be used to construct a book using Word's master document feature, for example.

I use it to run a series of List of People reports to set the flag used for Second Site output. This requires four LOP reports being run in succession for what I want to accomplish. Using Book Manager, it can be done by running one Book Manager report.

On the product description for TMG it says it can be used to create a book complete with table of contents, footnotes, indexes and bibliography so apparently most of the elements needed for a book can be made with the so-called "Book Manager". I have never tried it myself, but when I read on the features page that it is possible to create a book I would assume that it is possible, perhaps not well documented?

Ken.

Thanks, Jim.  If this is all the Book Manager accomplishes, I cannot imagine why it was given that name.  It should more aptly be called Report Manager.

Regards....David