I have recently had to renew my computer, but on reloading my TMG version 5, gold, the program refuses to recognise my details or the serial number of my TMG. It permitted me to upload my projects, but will not permit me to modify them in any way. This is ridiculous, if not cleared you are going to lose a long standing customer.

I'd guess you have changed e-mail addresses since you bought TMG5, and are using the new address rather than the one you used then. You need to use the same name and e-mail address that you used when you purchased the program, as the unlock code is keyed to them.

I assume that you have not purchased TMG 6 - but if you did that could be the problem - the unlock codes for versions 5 and 6 are different.

Thanks for your suggestion, Terry. I am using the same user name and e-mail address that I have used for the last ten years ( and last five computers!)

I cannot remember, now when I bought the program, although I do remember being invited to try out a version8 evaluation copy. This is silly, if TMG/Wholly Genes don't step in I am just going to wipe the program and they are going to lose a previously loyal customer.

I have recently had to renew my computer, but on reloading my TMG version 5, gold, the program refuses to recognise my details or the serial number of my TMG. It permitted me to upload my projects, but will not permit me to modify them in any way. This is ridiculous, if not cleared you are going to lose a long standing customer.

If you are typing in the registration number, could there be an error in entering an O (oh) or 0 (zero)?

The problem seems to be the registration, but have you checked the Data Set Manager to be sure the datasets are not locked?

Virginia

If you are typing in the registration number, could there be an error in entering an O (oh) or 0 (zero)?

The problem seems to be the registration, but have you checked the Data Set Manager to be sure the datasets are not locked?

Virginia

Thanks for your trouble, Virginia, you are right, the problem does stem from the registration number.

Whoops! Guess who has been using a registration number from an old version (issue 3 or 4) which has somehow become uploaded when I transferred the data from earlier projects onto the version 5. Guess also who cannot find the registration number for this version, nor can I remember the date I bought it, beyond early 2004?

Can anyone offer a hint on where I go to for help, now?

Thanks for your trouble, Virginia, you are right, the problem does stem from the registration number.

Whoops! Guess who has been using a registration number from an old version (issue 3 or 4) which has somehow become uploaded when I transferred the data from earlier projects onto the version 5. Guess also who cannot find the registration number for this version, nor can I remember the date I bought it, beyond early 2004?

Can anyone offer a hint on where I go to for help, now?

Send an email to support@whollygenes.com requesting a resend of your unlock information. Include your name, email at the time of purchace (if you remember it :unsure: ) and of course your current email address. Put in your phone number in case Dorothy or Phil needs more information.

Guest PhilDee

Mr. Hill,

You and I exchanged several emails on this very subject on 28-29 Oct 2005. During that exchange I informed you that Wholly Genes had no record of your purchase of TMG and asked for some additional information. You told me that you had purchased your copy of TMG from S&N Genealogy. At that time I told you that Wholly Genes had no way of providing you with your serial number. That serial number is supplied with the product and not created 'on the fly' as it is when you purchase TMG from our website. I additionally told you that we could provide you with a replacement serial number but would require a copy of your purchase receipt or some other form of proof of purchase before issuing it. I haven't heard anything more from you since that exchange of emails.

Based on our earlier exchange I was rather surprised to see your messages to the forum asserting that Wholly Genes was being unresponsive and unhelpful. We try very hard to provide all the assistance possible.

Phil DeSilva

Wholly Genes Tech Support