Regau

Exporting Gedcom

I am trying to export a gedcom from TMG (latest Version). The gedcom I want is the 5.5 ANSI. After selecting the appropriate configurations in the Wizard, and selecting 'Finished', the indicator passes through all sections until it comes to Sources when a display indicates: "Function argument value, type, or count is invalid 35NC", ABORT, RETRY, IGNORE. When I select 'Retry' the same message appears except '35NC' changes to '36NC' and so on. If I select 'Abort' TMG freezes.

What am I doing wrong?

Reg

The error is either the result of some export configuration selection or a data issue. Have you tried the default export configuration (which is GEDCOM 5.5 with the ANSI character set)?

Please detail any changes from the default export configuration so those can be tested.

The error is either the result of some export configuration selection or a data issue. Have you tried the default export configuration (which is GEDCOM 5.5 with the ANSI character set)?

Please detail any changes from the default export configuration so those can be tested.

Jim

Thanks for your reply. I have used the default export config, Gedcom 5.5 with ansi. I also did a maintenance - optimise and validate and it worked ok.

Thanks

Reg

I have used the default export config, Gedcom 5.5 with ansi.  I also did a maintenance - optimise and validate and it worked ok.

That suggests that a configuration setting that you made is the cause of the problem. Can you try to replicate what you did and determine which setting?

I am trying to export a gedcom from TMG (latest Version).  The gedcom I want is the 5.5 ANSI. After selecting the appropriate configurations in the Wizard, and selecting 'Finished', the indicator passes through all sections until it comes to Sources when a display indicates: "Function argument value, type, or count is invalid 35NC", ABORT, RETRY, IGNORE.  When I select 'Retry' the same message appears except '35NC' changes to '36NC' and so on. If I select 'Abort' TMG freezes.

I too am getting this result. I'm using V6.07 of TMG UK Silver.

I'm taking the default settings on the Export screens. Taking "Ignore" dozens of times gives an apparently valid .GED file.

Unticking the "Sources" option gives no errors.