tbrowne

Help needed to find source for comments

I imported an Ultimate Family Tree database into TMG several months ago. I have most of the import problems worked out; however, when creating reports, I get text that says the following: "Comments: Last edited in Roots III on 12/24/1994." I'm not able to locate the source for this text. I'd like to know how to delete the source. All help is appreciated.

I imported an Ultimate Family Tree database into TMG several months ago.  I have most of the import problems worked out; however, when creating reports, I get text that says the following:  "Comments: Last edited in Roots III on 12/24/1994."  I'm not able to locate the source for this text.  I'd like to know how to delete the source.  All help is appreciated.

UFT had a option under Check that would remove this statement, "Streamline Research Text Fields"...I'm not sure exactly where this is imported. If you took the default settings on import it looks like this should have imported as a Research Task.

If you could give more detail as to where this comment is appear, what report, where in the report, maybe we can figure out where it is in tmg.

In doing some checking it appears that the comment should have imported either into a Note tag, the memo of the primary Name tag, or as an individual research note depending on a user selected option. See if you can determine if you see that comment in any of those locations.

The text shows up in the Endnotes section on a Journal Report and in Individual Narrative Preview with Sources when selected from the main editing screen.

Thank you for the assistance.

The text shows up in the Endnotes section on a Journal Report and in Individual Narrative Preview with Sources when selected from the main editing screen. 

Thank you for the assistance.

It sounds like it was imported as a source. Go the Master Source List (Tools>Master Source List) and see if there is a source or sources that has that wording. If so you can probably delete that source and solve your problem.