Raygers

Corrupted backup path and .PJC file

As I've reported before, I have trouble with a backup path that once in a while changes from "D:\TMG Backups\" to "Loadmode\". And the subsequent melt down is not pretty :o

It happened the other night, so I saved a copy of the .pjc file and had a look at it with an editor. What I found was a lot of empty space just above the Backup location line, there were also some line feed characters (0A), and carriage returns (0D) embedded in there.

I deleted all the "apparent" empty space and set this file as the current one. Yes I backed up the other one first.

TMG opened fine and ran with no problems that I could see. When I looked at the .pjc file again it seems that there is an "emrty" line added every time I start, or exit maybe, TMG. That is why I had so much white space. all those added lines.

Is this normal behaviour, or is something wrong here?

File sizes, original file was 4.80 KB.

After I removed the lines and opened and closed TMG three times, the file size is presently 3.32 KB.

Whether this is at the root of my backup problem I don't know, but it's been an interesting exercise anyway :P

Ray

Ray,

What drive is the D drive.  Is it a CD writer, or DVD writer?  I find it is best to backup TMG to my C drive and then move the backup to my CD writer or Flash drive.

Thanks Teresa, it's my other hard drive, I use it for backups only. I copy that to a removable drive every month or so and then alternate that with one that is kept off site.

Oh, and I backup to CD and DVD on a regular basis.

Paranoid...... you bet. :lol:

Ray

As I've reported before, I have trouble with a backup path that once in a while changes from "D:\TMG Backups\" to "Loadmode\".

This is clearly a PJC file issue.

It happened the other night, so I saved a copy of the .pjc file...

Could you send me that copy if you still have it.

TMG opened fine and ran with no problems that I could see. When I looked at the .pjc file again it seems that there is an "emrty" line added every time I start, or exit maybe, TMG. That is why I had so much white space. all those added lines.

Is this normal behaviour, or is something wrong here?

Clearly not.

Paranoid...... you bet.

Can't get too paranoid. Good practices save your bacon.

Click on the link below for my email.

Jim Byram

Yup. Just wish I knew where I put the S-Z backup of all my images. :huh: Luckily I just made a backup to mom's TMG so I only lost a few months work of scanning if they had to wipe my harddrive (should find out next week-if not today). The more paranoid you are the better I say.