Scott Black

Gang Updating Flags

I have a large number of people who are clearly dead (born before 1900) but having a living flag value of "?". I have sucessfully used the project explorer filter to identify these people. I would like to update the living flags all for all of them at once, but I haven't been able to locate a way to do this.

Is there a way to update the flags for a filtered group of people? There are over a hundred in my set and I really don't want to do them one by one.

I have a large number of people who are clearly dead (born before 1900) but having a living flag value of "?".  I have sucessfully used the project explorer filter to identify these people.  I would like to update the living flags all for all of them at once, but I haven't been able to locate a way to do this. 

Is there a way to update the flags for a filtered group of people?  There are over a hundred in my set and I really don't want to do them one by one.

Since you already have your filtered list, you can use the List of People. You could do the same thing with John Cardinal's TMG Utilities (see http://www.johncardinal.com/tmgutil/setliving.htm).

List of People

- Subject of the report: Selected people on the Project Explorer (select them all first)

- Options > Secondary output

- Change Flag (see instructions below)

- Suppress output to screen, file, and printer

From Help > Report Options: Secondary Output

Change Flag

This option may be used to set a flag for each person in the filtered list. If there is no filtered list, then all people are selected. If this option is checked, you will then be given access to the drop-down list to select the desired flag. After you have chosen a flag (in the left box), select the flag value from a list of possible values (in the right box).

NOTE: Changing a flag for a person, whether individually or in a group, will cause the Last Edited field, in the Other Info window of the Person View, to be updated.

Lookup:  Flag

Suppress Output to Screen, File, and Printer

This option is meant to be used when using one of the above options. When checked, no output will be produced, other than creating a new project or data set, locking or unlocking timelines, or changing flags.

Wholly Genes, Inc.

------------------------------

Hope this helps -

Virginia

I have a large number of people who are clearly dead (born before 1900) but having a living flag value of "?".  I have sucessfully used the project explorer filter to identify these people.  I would like to update the living flags all for all of them at once, but I haven't been able to locate a way to do this. 

Is there a way to update the flags for a filtered group of people?  There are over a hundred in my set and I really don't want to do them one by one.

John Cardinal's donorware TMG Utility will do this for you