patthepiper

Formatting Journal Reports

I find that [CR] has to be entered on a separate line in a Memo field to make it print in a Journal report. However, this means that the PV memo is blank.

How can I display PV Memo data, but improve the layout of reports by utilising [CR]s as above?

Sounds like you want the CR before the first line of text in the Memo. You should be able to do that by putting the [:CR:] code in front of the Memo variable in the Sentence:

<[:CR:][M]>

You need to be in "Advanced Data Entry Mode" to see the Sentences. Go to Preferences > Program Options > Data Entry if you need to change that.

I find that [CR] has to be entered on a separate line in a Memo field to make it print in a Journal report. However, this means that the PV memo is blank.

How can I display PV Memo data, but improve the layout of reports by utilising [CR]s as above?

The [CR] does not have to be on a separate line. I use all the time at the beginning of my biography or note tags. I enter in the memo field [:CR:][:CR:][:TAB:]Followed by the text of the memo.....

The text of the memo then shows in the PV, the codes do not....