Hello,

I have flags for 1841, 1851, 1861 census etc up to 1901. These flags have values Y, N ,P, -.

If I change several flags, TMG opens a blank details window, with no person and no ID number. I can return to the previous person viewed, but if I try to change to a different person i get the open TMG database window.

It happens 90% of the time when changing flags.

For example, I just added 5 new people from an image of the 1851 census. I then attempted to update all their flags for the census' based on their ages (so a Y for 1851 and then P (possible) for others), after 15-ish changes the error started.

The only way I can carry on with my project is to close and open it. I can leave TMG open.

Ben

Hello,

I have flags for 1841, 1851, 1861 census etc up to 1901. These flags have values Y, N ,P, -.

If I change several flags, TMG opens a blank details window, with no person and no ID number. I can return to the previous person viewed, but if I try to change to a different person i get the open TMG database window.

It happens 90% of the time when changing flags.

For example, I just added 5 new people from an image of the 1851 census. I then attempted to update all their flags for the census' based on their ages (so a Y for 1851 and then P (possible) for others), after 15-ish changes the error started.

The only way I can carry on with my project is to close and open it. I can leave TMG open.

Ben

Ben,

I can reproduce most of this. I've change the census flags on several people like you.

On one person when i change the flag it then gives a blank person with no census flags or any custom flags.

Use the Last person button and i go to the person before. Chose that person again and the flag has not been set. Try and set it and i get a repeat of a blank person

Validate says No errors found. however it then opened the first person in the list and gave an error

Function argument, type or count is invalid. 43FRMEXPLORER.CNTPVIEW.CNTREE.MUPDATE

Retry and the error disappeared and showed my first person, Ada No surname.

Using the last person viewed button went back to the person I was trying to change the flag on Laura E King. changed the flag and Ada pops up again with the flag changed. Back to Laura and no flag change. Now I notice Ada is occupying the place in the PE where Laura would have been.

VFI and no problems found and Laura is back in her rightful place. Unset Ada's flag OK and set Laura's flag OK.

Methinks something is not working right.

:bash:

How are both of you navigating to the people to change the flags? PE, Expanded Picklist, View history?  If the PE or picklist, are they filtered?

Virginia

As it was a family I was using the siblings window to switch.

PE is always on but very rarely filtered

Simple Picklist

Edited by jeffpiper

And I was also using the siblings window or double clicking on the parents names.

Some times I used a filtered PE, sometimes not.

If you have the Expanded Picklist in use, do you have it accented on flag values?

Have you done any Merge 2 People lately?

In either case, there is a condition that can be worked around if the frequenctly use File > Maintenance > ReIndex. Some of this problem (hopefully all) will be resolved in the next update.

If you have the Expanded Picklist in use, do you have it accented on flag values?

In either case, there is a condition that can be worked around if the frequenctly use File > Maintenance > ReIndex. Some of this problem (hopefully all) will be resolved in the next update.

I don't use the expanded picklist and I have never merged 2 people...

If I do reindex or run any maintenance, it doesn't come up with errors.

My error file says:

05.12.03, 16:42:56 ok >C:\WINDOWS\system32\bbFolderTree.ocx was registered

but this wasn't when the error occurred.

Ben

Edited by The Oakster

In either case, there is a condition that can be worked around if the frequenctly use File > Maintenance > ReIndex.  Some of this problem (hopefully all) will be resolved in the next update.

I use the Simple Picklist. I have merged some people but a while ago and not this family.

Reindex doesn't report errors. Optimise collapses out records that are no longer being used and again doesn't report errors. Both of these will/can change the way the data is accessed (either in aberreantly getting the wrong record to display or to omproove the speed of the operation). VFI is checking the structure of the records and in some cases checks that the links between the parts of the data are valid, and does sometimes report fixing errors, but it doesn't list what it has modified.

So try VFI then Optimise (which also does a Reindex), possibly several such sequences. If the problem persists then probably you will need to send a backup of the project with an explanation to TMG Support.