Bob Mallett

Gedcom Export Missing Characters v6.04 - 6.07

Tab characters in memo fields are consistently stripped out during the gedcom export process. They are entirely missing in the gedcom. This happens with an actual ascii character or the [:Tab:] code.

I have also found that if I select the "Break long values between words" option that the space between the two words where the break is made is stripped out.

Is either thing by design, or are they bugs?

Bob Mallett

Edited by malleb

Tab characters in memo fields are consistently stripped out during the gedcom export process.  They are entirely missing in the gedcom.  This happens with an actual ascii character or the [:Tab:] code.

All formatting codes are stripped out by design since they are meaningless to another program. Don't know why an actual TAB character would be stripped. Have to look at that.

I have also found that if I select the "Break long values between words" option that the space between the two words where the break is made is stripped out.

Trailing spaces are stripped by design. If an importing program uses this CONC form, it should understand to add the space on import. You should use the default CONC form (which is the correct form breaking within words) if possible.