dball

Variable ' 65' is not found

Have several Projects and this only affects one project. I reinstalled TMG 6.07 and tested in another Project successfully, but it still fails in one particular Project.

I run a List of Events to find all instances of a specific tag type. The report runs and shows 12 finds (as shown in the screen that lasts for 5 seconds or so) then goes to generate the MSWord output file and gives me first the error message:

Variable ' 68' is not found

Then, if I click on "ignore", I get the message:

Conversion error #3: Could not create or open CONV_LOG. TXT on scratch drive.

Then everything gets hung and I have to Ctrl/Alt/Delete out of TMG.

When I come back into TMG and run VFI there are no problems found.

Earlier today I merged another Project into the offending Project (which now has six datasets). I had disabled four of the six datasets.

I am running TMG 6.07 on Windows XP Professional. Have rebooted the computer and get the same results.

Any ideas? Or things I should record when I try to run the report that might be useful in debugging the problem?

screen_shots.doc

David,

could you please give details about the exact filter condition you are using when you get this error message.

And could you please also provide the text / entries within your TMG's errorlog file (error.txt).

Unfortunately from time to time users are running into similar issues like this and it may happen or not even on the same project. :unsure:

But in all cases it occurs when trying word processor output for reports. It is a known problem of word processor conversion library which couldn't be solved yet (known limitation).

May be it could also help if you could sent a backup file of your "affected" project - sent it directly to vpanews@t-online.de.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Vera

More....

Go to the directory where TMG is installed and only look (!!don't touch - open anything!!) into ...\Program Files\The Master Genealogist\wordproc

does it show .dll files named:

OMSWW2.dll

OMSWW6.dll

Edited by Vera Nagel

Virginia: No the file name was normal and worked fine for that List of Events report on another project.

Vera: Have sent to you the data you suggested, but as noted in that email, the problem seems to have gone away for the moment. I am convinced that sometimes it take my computer a couple of days to put all of its toys away, so they will be ready when needed. :D

These "once in awhile" errors (probably from all the sloppy parts of the Windows and Office software, device drivers for other software on a particular machine, or simply combinations of what is on a particular computer in terms of both hardware and software) must drive the TMG programmers crazy.

Thanks to both for offering to help. Will post again if it comes back. :ph34r:

Dave

Vera:  Have sent to you the data you suggested, but as noted in that email, the problem seems to have gone away for the moment.  I am convinced that sometimes it take my computer a couple of days to put all of its toys away, so they will be ready when needed. :D

You're welcome, David. And very glad to hear you're fine right now. :)

Thanks, for sending the backup file of your project - will work on it.

Vera