phillipl

TMG6.7 Backup error = Class Not Registered

Can anyone help?

When I try to backup my project, I always get the following error.

I Could re-install v6, and the go through all of the upgrades, but I would prefer to not!.

Error: OLE error code 0x80040154: Class not registered. 39 MENUOBJTMG.MBACKUPWIZARD

Thanks

Phillip

Can anyone help?

When I try to backup my project, I always get the following error.

I Could re-install v6, and the go through all of the upgrades, but I would prefer to not!.

Error:  OLE error code 0x80040154: Class not registered.  39 MENUOBJTMG.MBACKUPWIZARD

Thanks

Phillip

Is the current backup path set correctly in Preferences > Current Project Options > Advanced?

Are you operating on a network?

Are you backing up to an external medium? If so, can you make a backup without error to a folder on your hard drive?

Virginia

The path for the backup is to my local disk - C:\tmg\backups

This directory exists and contains my backups from 6.6

The 'class not registered' sounds like it could be a missing file required by tmg.

You might check the error.txt file in the main tmg folder of tmg and see if any files were not registered properly in the upgrade. My error.txt has two registrations only, both are indicated OK: bbFolderTree.ocx and msdxm.ocx

Even if they were registered, perhaps one of them, or another file, is missing - say if you have run an anti-spyware program since you upgraded. Those programs have been known to remove files.

Virginia

Phillip,

the developers are working on this.

Can you please look in your system folder of WINDOWS if the following files are in there:

dzactx.dll and duzactx.dll

Thanks in advance for your help.

Vera