efcharvet

Expanded Picklist Sort Type Not Working:

The "Sort by: Primary Death Date" does not work with the Expanded Picklist. (I am running TMG 6.07.) All of the other "Sort by" types work fine.

I don't remember having this problem in the past. Is there something I can do fix this, or is it a known bug?

Thanks,

Earl

It is working for me in v6.07.

Are you saying the screen is blank or the sorting is jumbled?

If the sorting is jumbled, please upload a screen grab that shows the first few rows of the Expanded Picklist so we can see what you mean?

It is working for me in v6.07.

Are you saying the screen is blank or the sorting is jumbled?

If the sorting is jumbled, please upload a screen grab that shows the first few rows of the Expanded Picklist so we can see what you mean?

No. I am saying that nothing happens. After I select "Sort by Primary Death Date", the names in my Expanded Pick List are sorted by Surname (if that is the way they were previously sorted).

I could send a screen shot, but there is really nothing to see.

Earl

Earl,

The only suggestion that I can offer is for you to do a sequence of File > Maintenance operations to see whether that will improve the situation for you.

Please run VFI, then Optimise, then try the Expanded Picklist sort again.

Also, open the Sample project and see whether that also acts in the same way as your own project.

If the Sample project also misbehaves, then I would advise that you do an uninstall/re-install sequence (remember to keep a copy of your key and other details on the Help About Screen before you uninstall!)

Robin

Do you see the same problem in both Column mode and Event list? Have you tried the different options in the Data Set box at the top of the page?

Could it be that the list just appears to be in surname sort - because very likely you have many living people who have no primary death date - and they would sort to the top in surname order? Column mode would show that best, with blanks at the top in the death column - so you could cursor down until the death dates appear and see if that is in correct order.

Virginia

Earl,

The only suggestion that I can offer is for you to do a sequence of File > Maintenance operations to see whether that will improve the situation for you.

Please run VFI, then Optimise, then try the Expanded Picklist sort again.

Also, open the Sample project and see whether that also acts in the same way as your own project.

If the Sample project also misbehaves, then I would advise that you do an uninstall/re-install sequence (remember to keep a copy of your key and other details on the Help About Screen before you uninstall!)

Robin

Hmmmmmm.... It must have been a gremlin. I have no other explanation. :wacko:

I was waiting for the weekend to make time to explore a solution to the problem. However, now, two days later, The Sort by Primary Death Date is functioning fine again (as are all other Sort By options).

FYI to Robin: The last thing I do before I backup and close TMG is the three File Maintenance steps: Reindex, Optimize, VFI - everyday, no exceptions. Since I did this twice after the glitch first appeared, I doubt it was the solution to the problem - but, who knows?

TMG is running fine. I am happy.

Thank you Robin and Virginia for your comments.

Earl