Philip

Sort in Report

I set up preferences to show the tag list in the Details window in date sort order with the undated items at the end. But when I print a report (say, Individual Narrative), the undated items come first. How can I make the reports follow the sorted list in the Details window?

I set up preferences to show the tag list in the Details window in date sort order with the undated items at the end. But when I print a report (say, Individual Narrative), the undated items come first. How can I make the reports follow the sorted list in the Details window?

So far as I know, the only way is to add sort dates to those tags. Sort dates ar only available in Advanced data entry mode - go to Preferences > Program options > Data Entry to change to that mode.

Set the Sort Date on your Tag entry screen to a date which causes the the Tag to be in the place you require. You need to be in Advanced mode for this. to quote from the help file.

"To access the sort date field:

1. Go to File > Preferences > Program options: Prompts.

2. Place a check next to Access sort date field.

3. Click the Program options: Data Entry tab.

4. Select the Data Entry Mode: Advanced radio button.

5. Click [Apply] to save the change and continue in Preferences

or

Click [OK] to save the change and leave Prefer

Wholly Genes, Inc."

Les

TMG Utility has a feature to assign sort dates to tags. Do a trial run and see if you like the results. It's unlikey to solve the problem completely to your satisfaction, but it may reduce the manual work significantly.

TMG Utility has a feature to assign sort dates to tags. Do a trial run and see if you like the results. It's unlikey to solve the problem completely to your satisfaction, but it may reduce the manual work significantly.

Thanks John. Very helpful.