niagara-joe

Exhibits and PDF's

I was just wondering if anyone had any input as to whether or not TMG should include the option to have exhibits as PDF's. I personally archive a lot of my material in a PDF format and using it as an exhibit would be helpful,(ie: scanned images such as census, BMD's and the like). Maybe if enough other user's felt the same we could get this filetype added to the exhibit list?

Joe

Ontario, Canada

You can add the PDF as an exhibit if you add it as a text file. Insert it as new text and an external file. When the dialog box opens to choose the file, change the file type to all files, and then choose your PDF file. You wll get a message that only true text files can be embedded in TMG's report output, but it will add it to the exhibit log. Double clicking on the exhibit will open it in Adobe reader.

Kevin

Hey Kevin,

Thanks for the tip, but what happens when you want to generate a report? Obviously you lose the exhibit unless you manualy go find it and include it in the report.?

I may be lazy but for me that's a lot of documents.

Joe

You can add the PDF as an exhibit if you add it as a text file. Insert it as new text and an external file. When the dialog box opens to choose the file, change the file type to all files, and then choose your PDF file. You wll get a message that only true text files can be embedded in TMG's report output, but it will add it to the exhibit log. Double clicking on the exhibit will open it in Adobe reader.

Kevin

:huh: Can you use this for Word Documents as I have several from previous Program and they include Pictures so converting them to .txt doesn't help.

Laurence