LornaHenderson

Intermittant crash when editing roles

Not sure yet if this is a repeatable sequence of events, but twice today I've had errors when editing roles. The first one I had to use task manager to escape, the second check for an update was ok.

Common to both times was adding a new witness role, repositioning it, and possibly renaming an existing role, or the newly created one, all within the same session before closing and returning to the Tag Entry screen I started from.

Error messages on my log are consistent for both occasions:

2006.01.03, 10:39:29 1734Property MFILLLIST is not found. 14 TAGTYPEDEFINITION.CMDOK.CLICK

(can't remember if I clicked ignore or abort here) then got

2006.01.03, 10:39:33 12Variable 'LNI' is not found. 17 TAGTYPEDEFINITION.CMDOK.CLICK

Ill spare you the rest as I struggled to escape back to reality.

Each time the edits appear to have taken successfully and were able to be used but left Visual FoxPro running and trying to do something which had to be shut down via Task Manager.

Working thru the next one I'm about to do, in case it happens again:

Opened dth tag.

clicked on + to bring up witness screen

keyed in id num of son and selected nearest role.

F9 to close cos need new role

Click tag type (oh I wsh there was a keyboard short cut to get to there)

tabbed to Edit on the Tag type list.

Selected Roles/sentences and tabbed/paged down to nearest role

tabbed to Edit and changed role name to more generic name

Selected the sentence I had in the female role, copy/pasted it into the male role and edited it

F9 closed as it should rather than giving error, so that obviously wasn't the sequence!!

(I think I've reported previously that F9 from editing the tag type roles etc doesn't always leave the actual Tag Type list with the focus, so you can't just F9 out, have to select the window with your mouse first)

Oh well, that all seems to be fine for now, will try to pay more attention next time!!

Lorna, several days ago I posted a message to the TMG list about a similar error message I had experienced. I didn't get any replies so I don't really have anything to offer but there are some similarities between what we were doing. Here is what I posted:

I had a tag open and used the tag type "button" to enter the master tag type list. From there I selected edit tag, then proceeded to add a new role. I changed the sentence structure and clicked O.K. which triggered this error

Property MFILLIST is not found

14 TAGTYPEDEFINITION.CMDOK.CLICK

I cancelled out but the new role and sentence "stuck" just fine. I then added another role and sentence without any problems.

Update: Since my original message to the list I have repeated the above process several times without incident. However, I just experienced this variation:

From tag clicked on tag type button to enter Master tag type list. Selected edit tag, added new role and modified sentence. The change was accepted without triggering an error message. But then I tried to delete the new role. That triggered this:

Subscript is outside defined range

143 TAGTYPEDEFINITION.PGF.PAGE2.CMDELETE.CLICK

despite the error the role was deleted and I was able to close out of the tag O.K.

I just started having these problems after reinstalling 6.07 on a new hard drive. Sure wish I knew what it was all about.

Diana

Diana and Lorna -

I can consistently replicate the error:

ErrorMarker:Subscript is outside defined range. 143 TAGTYPEDEFINITION.PGF.PAGE2.CMDDELETE.CLICK

Edit a tag type from the tag entry screen, add a role, delete the role, gives me that error every time. I can Ignore the error message and continue.

That has been reported.

While testing this I did get the MFILLIST error but can't replicate it consistently. I also got several other errors which did not repeat after I ran all the maintenance options. I'll keep looking at it -

Virginia

This has happened again.

What I think I did this time - no deletes or renames involved:

Created new role (starting from within Tag Entry, click Tag type, click Edit on Tag type list)

moved it up to where I wanted it

Editted male sentence structure (the default),

including a copy/paste of one of the variables from one place to another in the sentence

F9 to save/close

Can't swear to whether I moved before editting or after.

Either way, it resulted in an error which I couldn't get out of via abort or ignore

Error log shows

2006.01.29, 20:36:39 1734Property MFILLLIST is not found. 14 TAGTYPEDEFINITION.CMDOK.CLICK

Had to go to task manager in the end as check for an update left Foxpro with displays all over the screen

Once back in, everything seemed fine, new role there, correctly edited.

This has happened again.

What I think I did this time - no deletes or renames involved:

Created new role (starting from within Tag Entry, click Tag type, click Edit on Tag type list)

moved it up to where I wanted it

Editted male sentence structure (the default),

including a copy/paste of one of the variables from one place to another in the sentence

F9 to save/close

Can't swear to whether I moved before editting or after.

Either way, it resulted in an error which I couldn't get out of via abort or ignore

Error log shows

2006.01.29, 20:36:39      1734Property MFILLLIST is not found.        14 TAGTYPEDEFINITION.CMDOK.CLICK

Had to go to task manager in the end as check for an update left Foxpro with displays all over the screen

Once back in, everything seemed fine, new role there, correctly edited.

And again. Commonality with the above was that I'd copied the role name from the sentence I'd just created ready to add it to another existing role.

Had definitely moved the newly created role prior to editting it.

Don't think I'd F9'd to close, but clicked on existing role instead ready to edit it to include the newly created roll - I think.

error.txt again shows

2006/02/01, 23:05:38 1734Property MFILLLIST is not found. 14 TAGTYPEDEFINITION.CMDOK.CLICK