Susan W

Glitch in changing names of tags in English (UK) settings?

Is this a glitch? You can change a tag label once, but not a second time, in the English (UK) version.

I couldn’t see this discussed elsewhere – sorry if this is a repeat.

I’ve tried to explain it below

When the overall setting is File, Language, English (UK)

Go to Window, Master Tag Type List,

Tag Type List screen appears

Select, for example, the Child-Bio tag to edit. It comes up as Language English (UK)

You are then able to change the name of the tag. For example, I changed the name to Child-xx. It accepted this change.

However, although it let me make the original change, it does not let you make any further changes to restore the original label.

To make any further changes, you have to go to File, Language, and select English (US).

The go to Window, Master Tag Type List,

Here, the tag appears as its original name. In this case, Child-bio. However, this is because it is in the English (US) version, not the English (UK) version.

Select this Child-Bio tag to edit. It comes up as Language English (US). Change it to English (UK), and the name Child-xx appears. You can then edit this back to Child-Bio.

You can then change the overall setting back to File, Language, English (UK), and the label is then correct.

It would be better if you could make unlimited changes in the English (UK) version, or not make any changes at all

Thanks for listening :)

Sue

Is this a glitch? You can change a tag label once, but not a second time, in the English (UK) version.

I couldn’t see this discussed elsewhere – sorry if this is a repeat.

I’ve tried to explain it below

When the overall setting is File, Language, English (UK)

Go to Window, Master Tag Type List,

Select, for example, the Child-Bio tag to edit. It comes up as Language English (UK)

You are then able to change the name of the tag. For example, I changed the name to Child-xx. It accepted this change.

However, although it let me make the original change, it does not let you make any further changes to restore the original label.

To make any further changes, you have to go to File, Language, and select English (US).

The go to Window, Master Tag Type List,

Here, the tag appears as its original name. In this case, Child-bio. However, this is because it is in the English (US) version, not the English (UK) version.

Select this Child-Bio tag to edit. It comes up as Language English (US). Change it to English (UK), and the name Child-xx appears. You can then edit this back to Child-Bio.

You can then change the overall setting back to File, Language, English (UK), and the label is then correct.

It would be better if you could make unlimited changes in the English (UK) version, or not make any changes at all

Thanks for listening :)

Sue

Sue

When I want to add a new Tag Label I select the "ADD" buton where you say Child-bio.

This opens a new window where you can select the Tag group and Tag Style.

I Added one for BDM index referneces so they would match the information I wanted to enter.

Not quite got the hang of the sentance Construction though. still I'll find time to play with that at some stage.

Laurence