David Walker

TMG 6.07 - unable to add person

This is now the second occurrence in the past two weeks. The problem arises when I attempt to add a new person. All other functions behave themselves, but when I select to add a new person most options in v.6.07 go grey. I cannot exit TMG, other than using CTRL-ALT-DEL. It is not project related as it happens with any project, including the sample. The only recourse was to uninstall, then do a fresh install from CD, then upgrade from 6.xx to 6.07. All was well until now, when the same thing happened again.

David,

several other users reported "add person problems" which should be fixed in next release. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Just to be sure:

You said: The problem arises when I attempt to add a new person.

Could you please describe step-by-step what you exactly do?

And in addition could you please look at the "error.txt" file in your main TMG folder - does it show up any error messages. If yes please let us know what' in there.

Thanks in advance,

Vera

David,

several other users reported "add person problems" which should be fixed in next release. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Just to be sure:

You said: The problem arises when I attempt to add a new person.

Could you please describe step-by-step what you exactly do?

And in addition could you please look at the "error.txt" file in your main TMG folder - does it show up any error messages. If yes please let us know what' in there.

Thanks in advance,

Vera

Vera, as soon as I either click the Add Person icon, or select Add Person from the top row, all menu items turn grey. There is no entry in the error.txt file for yesterday's failing.

Regards....David

Vera, as soon as I either click the Add Person icon, or select Add Person from the top row, all menu items turn grey.  There is no entry in the error.txt file for yesterday's failing.

Regards....David

When this happens, go to Windows > Center the Current Window. That will bring any hidden window to the forefront, in case the Add Person screen is opening behind your layout. If this is the problem, centering the current window should fix it permanently.

When you have dimmed menus, rather than shutting down with Ctrl-Alt-Del, see if Help > Check for an Update will close TMG. You can then cancel the update. Shutting down this way allows TMG to close its open files and avoid possible problems.

Virginia

Virginia, selecting Center Current Window worked.  Thanks kindly.

Regards....David

You're welcome, David. I'm glad it turned out to be an easy fix. With any luck it should not happen again with that particular window.

Virginia