wing_genealogist

Fatal error: Exception code=C00000005

I recently had my notebook computer serviced for repair. When it came back, I started to add new data to my TMG project [without first doing a file validation (I know it was stupid of me)].

I added the first new individual. However, once I left the "Add Person" Screen, it showed the first person I created in my database (namely myself) with the new identification number as well as all of the events originally attributed to me AND the events I just added to the new individual.

When I performed "Find Person by ID" (#) under my original id number it would still come back to this new record number. In addition, I was no longer attached to my parents.

Anyways, I performed a "Validate File Integrity" and received a message that 5 potential errors were fixed. I also Reindexed the data. I deleted this new record and recreated my own personal information. I started adding new data to my project and thought everything was well in hand.

After entering data on several new persons (without any apparent glitches) I entered information on a spouse of someone. This persons parents were previously entered into the database (earlier during this same session). I attempted to add the parents [clicked on Father] and used Picklist to find the father. When I hit enter the following error message came up: [duplicated message by hand, may be errors in it]

Fatal error: Exception code=C0000005 @ 2006.01.21 11:56:45 AM. Error log file:

C:\WINDOWS\system32\vfp7err.log

Called from – reppush line 51 {C:\Program Files\The Master Genealogist\tmg\programs\reppush.prg reppush.fxp}

Called from – frmrelationshiptag.cntparentchild1.cntparent.mlostfocus line 28 {c:\program files\common\libs\tagdetail.vct c:\program files\common\libs\tagdetail.vct}

Called from – cntpcinfo.cmdpicklist.rnid_assign line 19 {c:\program files\common\libs\tagdetail.vct c:\program files\common\libs\tagdetail.vct}

Called from – frmrelationshiptag.cntparentchild1.cntparent.cmdpicklist.rnid_assign line 6 {c:\program files\common\libs\tagdetail.vct c:\program files\common\libs\tagdetail.vct}

Called from – frmsimplepicklist.cmdok.click line 8 {c:\program files\common\libs\namesel.vct c:\program files\common\libs\namesel.vct}

Called from – tmgmain line 585 {C:\Program Files\The Master Genealogist\tmg\programs\tmgmain.prg c:\program files\the master genealogist\tmg.exe}

I performed another validate file integrity [3 potential errors removed] and reindexed, but the same error mesage comes up whenever I attempt to attach a parent (already in the database) into the role.

Looking for help to resolve this. Please note that my project is quite large (over 107,000 people)

I got the same error code trying to exit TMG.

I also got the error

unknown member ROTOOLBARMAN

Yesterday I got that same error message - ROTOOLBARMAN - on Step 6 of the Back-up procedure. There were three options, but clicking on Cancel or Ignore did nothing at all, while clicking on Help gave the message "The topic does not exist. Contact your application vendor for an updated Help file (129)"

I had to use Control/Alt/Delete to get out of it.

On restarting TMG the Backup procedure worked as it should.

I am using TMG 6.07, XP, fully up to date, with 512 memory.

Ken Healy