treehstn

Printing Citation References

Hi everyone,

I am brand new to TMG but am a long time researcher. I cannot figure out how to print citation references on reports. I can get part of the citation to print. But the actual "Reference" field in the citation that holds your identification information for the citation doesn't seem to be available as a print option. Here's the explanation of that field in the help file:

4. (Optional) Enter a Reference Number for this citation. This field is alpha-numeric and is used if you have your own identification system for citations and/or sources. For example, this might reference a file where a source document is stored.

I would like to be able to print that reference number on my reports but can't quite figure it out! Any help would be awesome!

Thanks,

Cheryl

Welcome, Cheryl! :)

The default source templates are designed to use only the Citation Detail field on the Citation screen. The Citation Memo and Reference field are optional fields, to be used as the user prefers.

If your preference is for the data you enter in them to appear in the footnotes, you need to modify the output templates of the sources to include the in the notes, in the position you like. The source element for the reference field is [CREF].

You can edit output templates for specific sources only, or for the source type, which will then be used for all sources of that type (provided they haven't previously been edited individually.

See my article on Working with Source Templates for details.