Kay Schmidt

Ind Nar Preview report locks up TMG

Just recently I tried printing the Individual Narrative Preview report (both with and without sources). The Progress Window comes up, but the report never appears. I have to do a Ctrl-Alt-Del to shut down TMG.

I have also had the Journal Report lock up when I select Unique Endnotes.

Any suggestions?

You might try restoring the default configuration for the Individual Narrative Preview - using the Delete button under the configuration name. Sometimes that will clear up a report problem.

If tmg still appears to be locked up, try Windows > Center the Current Window first; if that does not work go to Help > Check for an Update (you can then cancel the update). This allows tmg to shut down normally, closing its open files and avoids possible problems later.

In the Journal Report, are you using embedded citations? If you run the same report in the Sample project, do you get the same lock up?

Virginia

Just recently I tried printing the Individual Narrative Preview report (both with and without sources). The Progress Window comes up, but the report never appears. I have to do a Ctrl-Alt-Del to shut down TMG.

I have also had the Journal Report lock up when I select Unique Endnotes.

Any suggestions?

I too am getting this and have reported it to TMG, but they have gone silent on me. :(

You might try restoring the default configuration for the Individual Narrative Preview - using the Delete button under the configuration name.  Sometimes that will clear up a report problem.

If tmg still appears to be locked up, try Windows > Center the Current Window first; if that does not work go to Help > Check for an Update (you can then cancel the update).  This allows tmg to shut down normally, closing its open files and avoids possible problems later.

In the Journal Report, are you using embedded citations?  If you run the same report in the Sample project, do you get the same lock up?

Virginia

Restoring the default configurations didn't solve the problem.

And you can't choose either of those menu options if TMG is locked.

How does one obtain the Sample project. Either I never loaded it or deleted it at some point. The only CD I have of TMG is back at version 4.

Thanks ... Kay

Restoring the default configurations didn't solve the problem.

And you can't choose either of those menu options if TMG is locked.

How does one obtain the Sample project. Either I never loaded it or deleted it at some point. The only CD I have of TMG is back at version 4.

Thanks ... Kay

The Sample project is in the Sample folder in the main TMG installation. To open it, go to the File menu > Open project, up-arrow to the main tmg folder, doubleclick on the Sample folder and select the sample__.pjc.

Sometimes when tmg is 'locked', Center the Current Window and Check for an Update are still active on the dropdown menus even though most other menu items are dimmed. There are some instances when Center the Current Window will 'unlock' tmg.

With the Individual Narrative Preview, try going into Properties - on the report definition screen - and selecting a specific printer instead of using the default setting. While testing this, I ran into the same problem and that fixed it for me.

Virginia

Edited by Virginia Blakelock

The Sample project is in the Sample folder in the main TMG installation.  To open it, go to the File menu > Open project, up-arrow to the main tmg folder, doubleclick on the Sample folder and select the sample__.pjc.

Sometimes when tmg is 'locked', Center the Current Window and Check for an Update are still active on the dropdown menus even though most other menu items are dimmed.  There are some instances when Center the Current Window will 'unlock' tmg.

With the Individual Narrative Preview, try going into Properties - on the report definition screen - and selecting a specific printer instead of using the default setting.  While testing this, I ran into the same problem and that fixed it for me.

Virginia

Virginia,

Thanks for your reply.

The main menu bar isn't visible when TMG locks up with these reports. It's not hidden behind anything--the menu options are just not there in the toolbar area.

I have the sample project and tried the problem reports with it. Everything seems to work fine with that project.

I also selected my specific printer in the report options as you suggested.

Then I went back to my own project, and now the reports seem to working OK. Since I changed a couple of things, I'm not sure what actually resolved the problem.

Thanks again ... Kay